Stavanger Bay I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.
I've seen all the demons that you've got.
106 Posts
Ooc — Hero
She was happy to meander, finding her way into new areas of the coast. Never did the air become any lighter, but as winter crept closer, the young wolf was beginning to find the temperature more bearable. Mercifully, the sun was veiled by misty clouds, keeping her environment cool and even. She relished in the change of pace, lifting her dark nose to the sky, testing the breeze. The air was mostly still, tainted by the smell of salt, but nothing out of the ordinary. A soft smile curved the obsidian line of her lips, brightening her solemn face for just a moment. Then, like the faint breeze, it swiftly vanished as she trotted forward, bushy tail swaying lowly near her hocks.

As each day passed, she seemed to settle more and more into a routine. It seemed that Donnelaith had no seers, an attribute that she had been cautious to share. Since there was no need for her primary role, she stuck to what she truly enjoyed; hunting. A swift creature such as herself had no reason to remain cooped up within the confines of the pack's territory. No, she was in a state of constant craving, restless, filled with anxious need to stretch her long limbs. Even after half a day of rest, the muscles in her legs would begin to feel tight, and her heart would palpate with unnecessary nervousness.

She was born to run.

But before heedlessly heading off, set out for who knew where, she thought it would be rather diligent to do a lap of the borders. Nothing to thorough - she assumed @Deirdre had assigned sentinels for such a duty - but because she was not family, and even more, an outsider, she felt obligated to go the extra mile. She had to prove her worth, for she knew no other way to exist. This would be her home forever, she assumed. Although there was no male ruler, Muses had never known a female wolf to walk freely. To leave was to be exiled.

Not more than a third of the way around from where she had started, an off-scent caught her attention. Her pace slowed, and she warily trailed the scent, her posture low and suspicious. Still a good distance off from what Muses had learned were the official borders was an unknown female. Her scent, strikingly different from the familiar ones around her, indicated that she was from some other pack. The pale wolf flicked her ears in annoyance, frustrated that she could not immediately identify where the stranger was from. Nonetheless, she made her way over, a characteristic smile sprawled across the maw. "Hello there! Haven't seen you around before." She chirped merrily, although momentarily ceased walking and frowned. "Well, I haven't been here long, so I suppose it's only to be expected! I'm Muses. Have you come to visit Donnelaith?" She spoke to the stranger easily, as if addressing an old companion, wide eyed and eager to listen.
Messages In This Thread
I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way. - by Doe - November 12, 2016, 10:55 PM
RE: I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way. - by Muses - November 12, 2016, 11:29 PM
RE: I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way. - by Doe - November 12, 2016, 11:39 PM
RE: I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way. - by Muses - November 12, 2016, 11:56 PM
RE: I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way. - by Doe - November 13, 2016, 07:03 PM
RE: I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way. - by Muses - November 15, 2016, 03:44 PM
RE: I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way. - by Doe - November 17, 2016, 09:10 PM
RE: I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way. - by Muses - November 18, 2016, 12:15 AM
RE: I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way. - by Doe - November 18, 2016, 12:44 AM
RE: I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way. - by Muses - November 18, 2016, 01:00 AM
RE: I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way. - by Doe - November 18, 2016, 01:16 AM
RE: I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way. - by Muses - November 18, 2016, 10:24 AM
RE: I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way. - by Doe - November 27, 2016, 01:10 AM