Verdant Basin my feet shall run because of you
s a v a g e
34 Posts
Ooc —
12/9/16Weather: Snow Showers, 14°F (feels like 7°F); Anuniaq may be lurking in the background, as ever!

She and @Anuniaq had made their way down Mount Everfall without issue. Together they continued their ranging, and Silaluk was ever-alert. They followed the waterways that led to the Basin, and also a scent that caused their blood to race. By day, the world was again an overcast gray, but the crisp air and clouds foretold of the snows to soon come. It did nothing to deter the thick-furred Silaluk, nor her companion. The snow would betray her prey, tell her of their path. She, like her mother and sister before her, was an adept tracker, more proficient perhaps than others. As well as becoming a Warrior and Guardian, she had followed her mothers footsteps in becoming a Tracker. Tracker of strays and runaways, tracker of big and small game; she knew the ways of deserters and the patterns of the mammals that could hinder, or aid them. Silaluk was raised to be a survivor, and she excelled.

Silaluk could smell the wolf, though did not see her. One twitch of her ear signified to Anuniaq to cease his movement, and it was then Silaluk noted the stray prey animal from its herd. The large, bearish wolf was not used to such a meager looking thing; she was used to bison, to caribou—creatures that were surely hardier beasts than this! Her tail lashed behind her as she peered toward Anuniaq, whom she knew would be thrilled by the potential course of this day. The critter had not noted their approach, grazing idly on the final remnants of autumn. The scent of another wolf struck her then, and her eyes fell upon him before finding the outline of the other hunter. They both observed, though Silaluk could not then see that the pale one was not watching the prey but the she-wolf. She, furthest from the duo, finally began to move again, seeking to close the distance between them. She did not know of the mans disinterest in The Hunt, though The Hunt was all that she thought of. Her gait was more of a prowl, not wanting to warn the prey animal of what was imminent.
Messages In This Thread
my feet shall run because of you - by Miyax - December 08, 2016, 01:29 AM
RE: my feet shall run because of you - by Athanasius - December 08, 2016, 10:30 AM
RE: my feet shall run because of you - by Silaluk - December 08, 2016, 10:31 AM
RE: my feet shall run because of you - by Tûgar - December 09, 2016, 12:03 PM
RE: my feet shall run because of you - by Anuniaq - December 09, 2016, 12:29 PM
RE: my feet shall run because of you - by Miyax - December 09, 2016, 04:21 PM
RE: my feet shall run because of you - by Athanasius - December 10, 2016, 06:57 PM
RE: my feet shall run because of you - by Silaluk - December 12, 2016, 03:25 PM
RE: my feet shall run because of you - by Tûgar - December 13, 2016, 11:45 AM
RE: my feet shall run because of you - by Anuniaq - December 19, 2016, 12:33 PM
RE: my feet shall run because of you - by Miyax - January 03, 2017, 05:36 PM
RE: my feet shall run because of you - by Athanasius - January 06, 2017, 12:40 AM