Sequoia Coast because i could not stop for Death, he kindly stopped for me
/ | \
197 Posts
Ooc — Melee
Emaleth was no more comforted by the nod of the voiceless stranger, for this felt startlingly like the visions her father had spoken of so often in her youth. The sight often presented itself to those much younger than herself, but perhaps in the wake of Lasher's death, she had been stifling her gifts— Deirdre had said this was so, and perhaps one of those gifts were visions and the ability to divine meanings from them... and then the dark witch nearly laughed at her own stupidity. The dark silhouette was not her future self, but the long-awaited vision of Taltos— come finally to direct her, now that she had rejected the ill-fitted path that had awaited her within Donnelaith.

Without hesitation, Emaleth began to run toward him, "Fa—" but the sound died in her throat, and her paws ceased to churn sand as she realized with crushing disappointment that the wolf before her was wholly real. She swallowed her grief, hard, and took several paces backward— knowing her rapid approach had likely put the other on edge.

"I'm sorry," she explained swiftly. "I mean no harm, I just... I thought you were someone else."
Messages In This Thread