King Elk Forest i am the quiet
your protector's coming home
6 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
bwp thread!

[table width=85%][tr][td]
Thunder boomed overhead even as snow fell without rest upon the frozen earth, driving Tonrar into the cover of forest. The massive, ancient trees offered some shelter from the worst of the winds but the biting chill was seeping, like invincible, icy fingers against his fur, against flesh. Even though the canopy above offered some respite from snowfall and the trunks offered relief from the numbing winds he could not escape the deadly chill. A violent shiver rippled down the strong curve of his spine and gave his fur a shake to dispel the snow that had accumulated upon his back. Tonrar kept moving, moonbeam gaze searching for a place to offer him further shelter. An abandoned den or a hollowed tree trunk. He was not confident his body heat alone was enough to keep him alive but his instinct to survive was a strong one. That was how this all worked: the strongest survive; he had to try because that was all he could do: try.

His steps slowed, his head lowering to study the unmoving mass ahead: an elk, small and young. From the lack of lacerations, smell of illness and blood it had frozen to death. This was not the first find that Tonrar had came upon: a small fox had frozen to death huddled around her lifeless kits. He had not eaten the fox family encompassed by death but his stomach let out a low grumble and he padded towards the frozen corpse only after assuring that none were nearing and he was not encroaching upon a pack’s target. He waited for a few moments, head bowed over the corpse, eyes scanning and ears twitching atop his skull. When he was sure the kill was free to claim he grasped a chunk of frozen meat betwixt his jaws and bit into it. It was hard and did not tear away with ease and so he resorted to gnawing on it, tearing it off in smaller chunks. Finding shelter, a place to regulate his heat so he would not be subjected to a frozen death like the elk he ate from were important goals but so was keeping his belly full. Sating his hunger would keep his energy up and as Tonrar did not yet feel the desperate need to seek further shelter he fed.
[/td][/tr][/table]
Messages In This Thread
i am the quiet - by Tonrar - January 15, 2017, 01:53 PM
RE: i am the quiet - by Aglæca - January 15, 2017, 03:09 PM
RE: i am the quiet - by Tonrar - January 15, 2017, 05:52 PM
RE: i am the quiet - by Aglæca - January 16, 2017, 03:29 PM
RE: i am the quiet - by Tonrar - January 16, 2017, 04:46 PM