Firefly Glen The more I see I understand
99 Posts
Ooc — Manda
She stared incredulously as Charon reacted like a loose cannon and went on to impart exactly what he thought of Sassafras to his impressionable young daughter. The more she listened to what he said and recalled what he had said the last time they’d met, the more she felt there was no choice of words that would appeal to his seemingly unhinged instability. He’d proven himself threat and foe by turning a simple question about a puppy’s whereabouts into a full-fledged verbal attack on Peregrine, and Sassafras would not have readily returned to that mountain’s foothills for anything. It was a distressing feeling to realize that it didn’t matter if she was at his doorstep, too close by his standards, or heading in the opposite direction of his lands entirely; Charon would forever be an opposing force wherever and whenever they might meet.

Even so, the Redhawk was of the mind that the situation was ultimately in her favour up until that point. Although there were two wolves against one, all she really had to do was exploit the protectiveness Charon surely felt over his small and inexperienced daughter. As her calculating eyes drifted to Alya, however, two more dark figures appeared at Charon’s heels and Sassafras curled her lips as one of the arrivals answered her father’s question with sickeningly thoughtful readiness. They're eerie little triplets, she realized as her gaze shifted to each of them in turn.

“Oh, come on,” she snarled in exasperated disbelief. She’d been uneasy to begin with, but confident in the fact that she had at least one advantage. Now, she had nothing if not genuine fear. Charon might not have intended to kill her the first time, but Sassafras had never actually considered the idea that he might have let her live if she’d given in. It was a possibility that was even further from her mind as the three-headed hell-hound looked at her as though she was a carcass meant to be ripped to shreds for practice. They were bolstered by each other, judging by the way the previously wary child was suddenly so eager, as well as their dear daddy’s encouragement, but they were even younger than Liffey and Lagan. Their words were surprisingly virulent and disturbing for ones so young.

She lowered her head in the face of the four of them and growled a deeply severe warning she was sure would fall on deaf-ears. Sassafras didn’t stand a chance. She thought of her formidable mother and wondered what she would do in the same situation, searching her subconscious for anything she could cling to that would allow her to survive what faced her. If Charon only wanted to see her tuck her tail and flee, she could do that, but she wasn’t sure anything less than the sadistic entertainment of watching his offspring tear his enemy to pieces would be acceptable.
Messages In This Thread
The more I see I understand - by Sassafras - February 08, 2017, 11:14 PM
RE: The more I see I understand - by Charon - February 09, 2017, 07:51 AM
RE: The more I see I understand - by Alya - February 09, 2017, 10:51 AM
RE: The more I see I understand - by Sassafras - February 09, 2017, 10:23 PM
RE: The more I see I understand - by Charon - February 10, 2017, 05:15 AM
RE: The more I see I understand - by Hydra - February 10, 2017, 06:47 PM
RE: The more I see I understand - by Alya - February 10, 2017, 09:43 PM
RE: The more I see I understand - by Sassafras - February 11, 2017, 09:34 PM
RE: The more I see I understand - by Charon - February 12, 2017, 05:25 AM
RE: The more I see I understand - by Hydra - February 13, 2017, 04:03 PM
RE: The more I see I understand - by Alya - February 14, 2017, 08:45 AM