Stone Circle Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
It's gonna be so weird threading with Adeline now lol.[/ooc]

He heard the replying how from Grayday, his tail wagging, though his brother couldn't see it since he wasn't nearby. But, the communication, the solidarity, was there. Steady could feel it, even if he couldn't see him. At one point, just a mere few weeks ago, Steady was almost getting worried that the family was getting too small to be able to defend the territory for much longer. But, the tides had changed in their favor, and they were once again a large, strong family. 

A chuff reached his ears and Steady's gaze found his daughter. His tail wagged more, happy to see her, and he helped closed the distance between them, nudging her neck as she did his shoulder. Hello, Adeline, he replied. He had been so happy to see her return, though he hated she had spent any time alone. You're looking much better, he commented. She looked like she had finally gotten a few good meals under her belt since her return. He had no doubt she was keeping warm with Grayday and the pups, as well.

Before he could comment more, another chuff reached his ears. He immediately looked for the wolf who made the noise, finding a female he hadn't met before. She looked friendly, and he wagged his tail in response to her own. Hello, I'm Steady, Alpha here, he introduced himself. He motioned her over, catching her scent in the wind. She had been here a couple of weeks, he knew from her scent in the territory. He felt a little bad, though, for only just now meeting here.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations - by Steady - February 19, 2017, 07:30 PM