Ankyra Sound We can be beautiful
fury, oh fury don't you misguide me
228 Posts
Ooc — Siro
"There are ways." she alluded. There was no hiding the sandbar when the tide was low enough, but Akantha was not yet confident that Wildfire could be trusted. She wanted to believe that the russet she-wolf was speaking the truth—that she really was an Ambassador, and she did intend to set up a meeting between the two. Words, well, words were easy things to come by. Honesty, however, was harder fought between strangers and without proof she was caught uncomfortably between two possibilities.

But ah, there it was. The implication was put to words and a frown broke across her lips. A few choice words rattled in her mind, but she bit her tongue and continued to stare down her snout at Wildfire, now through slightly narrowed eyes. Kalika cut in then, saving Akantha from giving into her temper and saying something that could very well dash any hopes of an agreement between the two. One ear twisted towards the pale cloud of a she-wolf. Her chest swelled with pride at the diplomatic exchange, and she relaxed again.

Akantha closed her eyes, sucked in a ragged breath, and exhaled heavily. When she opened them again they found Kalika first where they lingered a moment, thoughtful, until she finally shifted her attention back to Wildfire. "Kalika is right." she confirmed, "We are not warmongers, but we will defend ourselves if threatened. I expect the same of any wolf—any pack." She admitted with a stiff wave of her tail. Her body language was still reserved, but far less severe. "My only intention is to keep my family safe. If your Commander wishes to discuss the terms of our settlement nearby, then I am willing to oblige." 

The Matriarch continued after a second, "But I would like to impress upon you, again, that we have no interest in your hunting grounds, nor your lands. Our only desire is to be close to the Sea." She did not go into detail, nor did she reveal the nature of their need. It simply was, and that was all Wildfire needed to know for now.
Blood is running deep
Some things never sleep

Teal dialogue is Greek. Uncolored dialogue is common/english.
Check out NEREIDESpedia for more information.  
Messages In This Thread
We can be beautiful - by Wildfire - February 12, 2017, 05:14 PM
RE: We can be beautiful - by Kalika - February 12, 2017, 08:18 PM
RE: We can be beautiful - by Akantha - February 12, 2017, 08:33 PM
RE: We can be beautiful - by Wildfire - February 13, 2017, 10:20 AM
RE: We can be beautiful - by Kalika - February 14, 2017, 06:53 PM
RE: We can be beautiful - by Akantha - February 16, 2017, 04:28 PM
RE: We can be beautiful - by Wildfire - February 17, 2017, 11:15 AM
RE: We can be beautiful - by Kalika - February 18, 2017, 12:27 PM
RE: We can be beautiful - by Akantha - February 19, 2017, 10:18 PM
RE: We can be beautiful - by Wildfire - February 21, 2017, 09:20 AM
RE: We can be beautiful - by Kalika - February 22, 2017, 03:39 AM