Totoka River you speak in sonatas going to smithereens
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
The woman's interaction with Elohim puts her more at ease, though she'd be lying if she said she was comfortable. Always in the back of her mind is the thought that if attacked, she'd not be able to protect both of her children. She would die for them, of course, but where would that leave them? Orphaned, alone, and likely not long for Molech's embrace without a caregiver. It had been the main thought that kept her in Sun Mote, the thought that kept her awake. It was what drove her to keep them from others to avoid the possibility all together. 

Yet, here she stood, watching her boy light up at the interaction with another. Knowing that he was missing things he should have in a real pack. Things that she herself had not known, but should have. Things her children deserved to know. This stranger brought forward many things she didn't want to deal with, things that she had wanted to keep away until she felt safe again. But perhaps, that was the answer. Perhaps this was Molech, and something in this woman's words were meant to be her and her children's future.

Her interest peaks when the other mentions children, and she glances slightly to the woman's side. She sees nothing now, does not smell the scent of heat or pregnancy on her. But, perhaps she only has plans for her next heat. Or perhaps she is still too early to know. The idea of other children is even more alluring, even if they are younger. It would be good interaction for both Elohim and the quiet Anatha. 

Her daughter's silence makes her worry that she had become too distrustful of other wolves. Has this life already scarred her soul? Asherah glances back to Anatha, attempting to keep the worry from her face. Though she believes she sees interest and curiosity on her daughter's face, the girl makes no move to involve herself.

The word family brings many emotions to her heart, many of which are bitter. She is ashamed of this change in herself, of this sadness, and quickly pushes it away. Not all families will break apart, not all packs crumble to dust and not all parents die. Her children will have it different.

"Your pack sounds very similiar, in a way, to what we left behind. They too had their own language, a splinter of a pack from distant lands. They were coming here to spread their rule, for their home was strong. We too had traditions that I would not say are common." She keeps it light, wondering exactly what this new packs traditions are. Are they similar to the Malkaria's? "I was not a wolf from the original pack. I joined and learned, and took their creed to my heart." She paused, glancing away and in the general direction of Sun Mote. She prepared herself. "Do you think your leaders would have room for us, if we came to call? My children and I?" 

She wasn't yet sure if that was what she was meant to do, she wouldn't follow this wolf there today, but perhaps eventually they would go.

Messages In This Thread
you speak in sonatas going to smithereens - by Antumbra - February 21, 2017, 07:16 PM
RE: you speak in sonatas going to smithereens - by Asherah - February 23, 2017, 06:12 PM
RE: you speak in sonatas going to smithereens - by Elohim - February 23, 2017, 06:28 PM
RE: you speak in sonatas going to smithereens - by Antumbra - February 26, 2017, 12:10 PM
RE: you speak in sonatas going to smithereens - by Asherah - February 27, 2017, 07:21 PM
RE: you speak in sonatas going to smithereens - by Elohim - February 27, 2017, 07:28 PM
RE: you speak in sonatas going to smithereens - by Antumbra - February 27, 2017, 07:49 PM
RE: you speak in sonatas going to smithereens - by Asherah - March 14, 2017, 05:49 PM