Totoka River There is no sorrow like the memory of love and the knowledge that it is gone forever
52 Posts
Ooc —
His words seemed to hit a nerve. No sooner had he made his observation did the girl look at him so strangely — a storm beseiging him, having taken root within her youthful gaze. There were many emotions hidden there within the tumult, and as each flickered across her visage, he took note of those he recognized. She was hurt by the comment, surely; yet why his noticing of her fine breeding and practiced nature bothered her, he could not understand. Beyond that there was hurt which he knew well enough - sorrow, which was fresh within him - and finally, a great level of distrust. She looked away to compose herself, and Pendragon took her cue to do the same. She needed a moment, and he would not press her.

Then, turning back to him, she explained her home, and the many facets of its failings. It wasn't that she chose to be on her own, but rather, her kingdom had been obliterated somehow. It was gone, but in a manner that was different from Pendragon's own missing home. He knew the Vale persisted. This girl was different from him — she was truly alone, and instantly upon realizing this, Pendragon's heart hurt for her. His stomach twisted with a sudden wave of guilt, for it was his mindless comment, his observation, which had brought about this discovery - and the resurfacing of her pain.

Tell me your name, stranger. She demanded haughtily — and while Pendragon might have refused any other miscreant with such a vile tone, he could not do so with her. The look of absolute distrust was galling, to begin with. But he owed her something — a name was the least he could provide.

Pendragon, he announced, and then without bidding, son of King Caliburn and the Lady Blanchefleur. I too come from a kingdom — and I apologize, his ears thusly fell back upon his head, and he looked contrite as he spoke his next words, I did not mean for my words to wound you so. I am merely surprised to find someone like you here, of all places. Do you.. Have you a home now? He wished to prevent further harm from befalling this poor urchin, and was cautious in how he phrased things — but immediately after speaking Pendragon felt the weight of his words filling the silence, and regretted them all over again.
Messages In This Thread
RE: There is no sorrow like the memory of love and the knowledge that it is gone forever - by RIP Pendragon - March 19, 2017, 01:13 AM