Totoka River There is no sorrow like the memory of love and the knowledge that it is gone forever
ɪ' ʜɪɴ' sʀɪɢʜ ʀ ʜ sʟ ; ʜʏ ɴɴ ʜɪʀ ǫɴ.
27 Posts
Ooc — Floof
[table width=80%][tr][td]
As he was speaking, she listened silently and closely, drinking in every bit of information and not saying a word. Their little meet 'n' greet was evolving into a full on conversation now, one that had taken a much deeper root in her interest and emotions than she'd thought it would, so it was safe to say she'd be here longer than expected. Deciding to make herself comfortable, she moved a bit closer and took a seat, gently setting her rump down in the cool shallows of the river and feeling it swirl around her paws and backside as the man spoke. It did offer a slight touch of tranquility amidst the gutting emotions that had resurfaced... but not much.

Pendragon. That was his name. Foreign and unheard of, but it had a nice ring to it. However, maybe it was not his name alone that she liked, but what he said next, what he attached to it — son of a King, and hailing from a kingdom, naturally. She could've assumed he must have come from some type of kingdom if he know about them and if he knew how to detect the visage of nobility, but for him to be royal blood as well, was simply astounding. They shared a likeness in that, and though no wolf aside from a fellow Meronique could ever become her superior, she definitely considered this man (basically a prince in her eyes) to be far better than the common blood out here. Far more worthy of her attention and company. Even through her inner turmoil, this notion gave her a warm feeling, like that of two friends sharing an inside joke. Not that they were friends, but... similar feeling, regardless.

As for his apology, she shrugged it off with a dismissive flick of her ears. Having slightly regained control of her emotions and successfully bottled them up again, she was not as upset as before, therefore wouldn't hold the thoughtless question against him. It's not like he was the first wolf to invoke this feelings either; any number of thoughtless questions by other wolves would bring about her pain. Where are your from? Why are you here? Where do you live? Where's your family? They were simple everyday questions that couldn't be avoided, lest she just stopped talking to others completely. She'd just learned to expect this by now. He hadn't known. It wasn't his fault. It was just a mere question.

Besides, if the cost of learning about another kingdom and becoming acquainted with a prince was resurfacing her dark past, then so be it! It was worth it to meet one of almost equal nobility! To learn that kingdoms existed out here — that there may be a place for her after all, even if it might not be his kingdom — was well worth the anguish.

In his final sentiment, it seemed he wished to know where she called home now. The poised youth, whom had been maintaining a forced facade of apathy, faltered, her gaze clouding over and her posture slackening. Ah, how many times she'd questioned the purpose of her travels... Did she seek a place to belong, a new place to call home? Was curiosity about this new, foreign land her only driving force? Or was she simply trying to run from the past, hoping if she got far enough, it couldn't reach her any more? She could never give herself a straight answer, and always launched into a heavy moment of pensiveness when considering her intentions. Did she have a static home? No. Did she want one...? After a thoughtful pause, she gave her answer.

"I travel for now, as I knew very little of the land beyond my kingdom, and I wish to see as much of it as I can..." Her gaze turned away again, not to mask pain or to fight for composure, but to gesture in the ocean's direction, her mind picturing the dark and shimmering aquamarine waters. "The coast is rather nice though... I think I would like to stay here for a bit..." The closest thing to a permanent home she'd have, it seemed — wandering around one region longer than others. After reflecting on this idea, internally pondering exactly how much longer she wanted to remain by the coast, her gaze found him again. A bright, curious light shone in her eyes, almost entirely eclipsing the pain that had once been there. She wanted to know all about this man and where he hailed from, not just because of her naturally inquisitive nature, but because now there was a sameness they shared, and she was desperate to feel every extent of it.

"As for my being here, I should think the same of you, Prince Pendragon." She wasn't entirely sure if "prince" was the right title, but her mind spaced on what else to use. It was the only title she'd know to give a King's son. "Why are you out here, and not with your kingdom?" Her head now tilted to the side, amplifying the look of intrigue on her features.

[/td][/tr][/table]
Messages In This Thread
RE: There is no sorrow like the memory of love and the knowledge that it is gone forever - by Andronika - March 19, 2017, 09:46 AM