Totoka River There is no sorrow like the memory of love and the knowledge that it is gone forever
52 Posts
Ooc —
Her answer was vague, for which he could not fault her. Knowing what he did now - that there were worlds outside of his own, people beyond his kingdom, and the uncertanties that followed - Pendragon could do little more than empathize. Although he did empathize intensely as he listened to her speak, which was something.

Yet when she referred to him — prince! It does not suit me, he thought hastily — there was a subtle turmoil upon his face and he gave a mental pause, his mouth opening as if to say something, perhaps to refute the statement she had made. Then, as he felt his heart begin to ache for the shores of the Vale, the man sighed a deep and forlorn breath.

I.. I chose to forsake the crown promised to me, it had been a difficult decision, but Pendragon had always been a knight first and a prince second. The women of my home are studious, conscientious, and wise; they are practiced in the arts of healing, herbal knowledge, the study of the stars — and the men, when they are not born of royal blood, swear an oath to uphold the kingdoms ideals and become knights. I was preparing for such a life as a knight, against my father's wishes — and perhaps as penance for my foolish dreams, things went wrong, and I woke up not far from here. I was tangled in debris, sleeping on the sand as if born out of the waves themselves. A very... Unsettling awakening. It was a painful tale to recount, and one he had not expected to be voicing so readily. Yet this girl, she must have known what it felt like to lose everything. He could see it in her even as she sat there, listening with rapt attention to his tale. They shared a deep but similar sadness - a loss, an absence.

But perhaps you have the right idea, Pendragon concluded after his words grew stale upon the air, trying to look on the bright side even now, This land is beautiful, the coast especially. I have nowhere else I must be, so maybe the coast is where I'm supposed to be.
Messages In This Thread
RE: There is no sorrow like the memory of love and the knowledge that it is gone forever - by RIP Pendragon - March 20, 2017, 07:03 PM