Totoka River There is no sorrow like the memory of love and the knowledge that it is gone forever
52 Posts
Ooc —
I suppose that's one way of thinking about it, responded the girl, who then took on a very serious expression. Pendragon smiled thinly then, listening to her voice and comparing her, inadvertently, to his beloved sister. Her kind words lifted his spirit somewhat, but still he would be left feeling a bit homesick and sullen.

Then, after some quiet spread between the two of them she said — What was its name, your kingdom?

The small smile did slip, and with it went the sussuration of his thoughts. The man breathed a deep breath and went glassy-eyed as he thought of what to say, looking deeply affected, and while he was indeed sad to be thinking of his lost home he was charmed by her interest. It has many names, he answered then, being accidentally vague, but I have always referred to it as the Vale. Only the druids know its true name - them, and my father. His fib was small in his mind, which made it alright... He knew the true name, for he was of royal blood as was expected to. Sharing it with an outsider was taboo, and felt deeply invasive to the man. But in the days to come, Pendragon would be wracked with guilt over his choice to withhold the name of his father's kingdom: Avalon.
Messages In This Thread
RE: There is no sorrow like the memory of love and the knowledge that it is gone forever - by RIP Pendragon - March 26, 2017, 09:38 PM