Ravensblood Forest In the combat between wisdom and feeling, wisdom never wins.
52 Posts
Ooc —
The man's response is sharp and blunt at the same time; or perhaps it is only the look of him that is sharp, for he does not go in to much detail, and yet the tone is abrasive and the words themselves hold many secrets of which Pendragon is not privy. He accepts this with a slight furrow of his brow again, the fanning of his ears to and fro — but he is silent, listening to the ruler speak with great conviction about the nature of his kingdom. That it is called the family is a fact that eludes Pendragon; he does not recognize the inflection put upon the phrases used, but he values the power of kings and the sanctity of their kin, as the world he comes from is much the same.

If he must join with this king, serve him and travel with the migrant kingdom, then so be it. It would give Pendragon the chance to adjust to his new life - give him a purpose, as previously stated - learn the lay of the land, and perhaps even find Rhona. There is nothing wrong with serving. It is what he has always wished for, as a knight.

As king, your rules are to be followed without question, he stated in a way that was both matter-of-fact and filled with stern conviction. I, Pendragon son of Caliburn, humbly pledge my service to you, sir, and your family. Your laws will be enforced, and your family will be kept safe, as is my duty as a knight of this realm. With that said, the man dipped his chin and performed a small bow of his head, his eyes closing for a heartbeat only, before he returned to a more casual posture.

Although if you are to be my king - I would request to know the name of the man I pledge my service. He added this after a moment, realizing that he'd successfully achieved his dream of becoming a knight and serving a lord, but also.. That he'd been hasty, and hadn't done the proper thing and introduced himself nor learned of the man he was to obey.