Stavanger Bay remind him that this city burned for refusing solace
l e v i a t h a n
63 Posts
Ooc —
Ears of the vessel cupped forth, attentive, as the bi-colored boy begins to speak. Brother is not a concept that They are overly familiar with. Atlan understands it’s meaning, has touched the minds of enough of Atlanians over the course of Their warrior shaman’s creation to understand it as well as something as fathomless and bodiless can understand it. The vessel’s head cants ever so slightly to the side as the yet still nameless chimera continues that to explain of this brother’s lack of morals — such silly things They cannot help but titter in the leviathan’s head! These morals are the canine’s way to exert to an example of how they think they should live and be and Atlan has always admired them for it — and that this boy before Them cannot stop him because this brother is in his head. Atlan is quiet for a long moment, contemplating. The leviathan has brought this creature to Them for some sort of cure and if there was no cure than some sort of reassurance, a comfort. It is a slim chance for one that does not practice the faith but the leviathan is dutiful, regardless. “We cannot change DNA,” Atlan breaks Their silence and speaks to the Chimera, sensing the younger canine’s fear in a different way then the leviathan does. “The Leviathan knows this,” Atlan speaks in reference to Axolotl. The Atlanian named for a sea monster that hardly equates to the monster that the sea calls him. “Only you have the power to banish your brother.” Atlan informs the troubled creature that communes with him.

“In my domain only the strongest and smartest survive and they rule at the top of the …hmm, what do you call it? Food chain,” There is a coy smirk that tugs at the leviathan’s lips as the God chuckles from his throat and the sea surges around them. “You must be stronger than your brother, smarter. The weak are always destined to be subjugates to those of physical prowess and intelligence. It is how you were created. I believe you have a similar concept with your packs. You look for these things in the Alphas, do you not?” Familiar words, known enough to speak of them with confidence though Atlan will never be able to grasp their meaning in the way that the wolves do. They transcend such ideas, such concepts because They remain, as They always have, unchallenged. “If you want him gone, to quiet him for once and all, you must not be his subjugate. You must not let your fear of him rule you. Fear, as it has always been for all of my creations, is a most powerful motivator.” Advice, this is all that Atlan can offer the chimera. They try to inspire in the same way They’ve inspired Atlanians for decades. Whether it takes, or not, depends solely on the troubled land beast.

The leviathan’s ears flutter back to rest smoothly against the crown of his skull and Atlan steps up to the chimera. “This is all I can do for you.” The deity murmurs a small prayer in Axolotl’s native tongue and touches his nose to each of the other canine’s cheeks and then to his forehead before They back up. “The leviathan’s strength wanes. I must release my hold.” They do not yet wish to claim the life of the faithful and with a surging wave Axolotl is himself once more and is knocked off his paws by the power of the wave only to be spit unceremoniously upon the shore. Paws dig into the wet sand as the water recedes and he coughs up salt water he accidentally ingested at some point — whether it was from the tumble or a surging wave during the “possession” he doesn’t know. He claws his way onto dry sand and flops down in it, coughing up a bit more sea water, dispelling it from his body.

This was becoming far too familiar for him, he thinks, with slight despondency.
she spoke to the king in me
and slept with the beast
Messages In This Thread