Larksong Grotto i've got this restless ache at the center of me
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 

Her footsteps are slow and weary by the time she makes the climb downward into the grotto. She’d destroyed the path on the way down through several trips and stumbles, leaving her front legs nicked and marred. A quick inhale of breath, holding, and slow release gives her another burst of short energy that she uses to explore the expanse of the grotto. It is free of snow and ice as the last few territories and she dares to even admit it’s a little warmer. The sun beats on her back, causing a little warmth to spread throughout the rest of her body. A fallacy of comfort washes over her and she closes her eyes, enjoying the rays against her face.

One ear twitches and she shakes her head, bringing her mind back to reality. A thick patch of weeds and grasses several yards ahead move to and fro, causing her legs to kick into gear. Whatever it is, it is about to meet it’s maker. Based on the scurrying sounds beneath her feet and movements, Cascada launches forward to the projected spot in order to trap the creature beneath her. Even if it is a mouse, Cascada will take what she can get, but as she settles and opens up her paws to reveal…

… a whole lotta nothin’.

The girl sighs, whimpers once, and slowly lowers her head to her paws so she may take a moment to compose herself again.
do you want to break me like you were fourteen
and someone dared you to break the law?
Messages In This Thread
i've got this restless ache at the center of me - by Addie - July 30, 2017, 07:28 PM