Larksong Grotto Know not where I'm at, but know where I've been
141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Lost in thought as she was, Miyako had been out on her own for too long to not be constantly alert to her surroundings. She heard the intruder coming from yards away. Her mouth quirked as she tried to work out what it could be.

The footsteps were evenly-spaced and self-assured, and soft--the pads of a carnivore, then, not a frightened elk or deer--and were gently searching, not stalking, so the sound gave Miyako no alarm. It was only when a greeting rang out behind her that she spun around, rising to all four legs and giving the newcomer a measured look.

"Hey." Her voice was cool, void of emotion. Miyako was facing a beautiful, slim tawny she-wolf, her light golden eyes bright in the dim grotto. Inhaling deeply, she inferred the wolf was not necessarily alone--she caught the scent of another on her, fading yet still apparent--but did not carry a pack scent at all, nor the smell of a hunting party. Miyako felt relatively secure that this was not a trick or ambush of some kind.
Messages In This Thread
Know not where I'm at, but know where I've been - by Miyako - September 05, 2017, 12:08 PM
RE: Know not where I'm at, but know where I've been - by Miyako - September 06, 2017, 10:12 AM