Totoka River for the sake of one who was
I HAVE BURNED THE CLIFFS OF DAMASCUS
24 Posts
Ooc — Kati

He cannot imagine what it must be like to lose all of oneself such as she had.  He had no idea the magnitude of what she felt but as she turned to face him with tears in her eyes he could see a part of it.  It welled a heat up inside of him, creeping up his neck because he hadn't done anything to deserve her thanks.. but it was disgraceful to not accept.

You are welcome.  

Varick wants to move closer to her, to comfort her by being near her but it was fair enough that he'd barely known her before and certainly she had a better life than to hang around some lone man now.  So instead as she asks him how they met he raises his head to the sky and closes those intense, glacial eyes.

"Good evening," he recalls her shaky-steady voice, "What brings you here tonight?"

It was uneventful, he begins, three lone black wolves meeting in the middle of a forest.  It was the second time we met that was interesting.

He turns back to look at her once more, getting into a more comfortable position. A burned forest that reminded me of home.  I came in dazed and you brought me back to earth.  Since Miyako — Snowe — was not ready to know more about herself, he'd not divulge any information she had shared with him.  It was.. better for her not to know that he knew.

Time to change the subject. Are you.. well?  Cared for?  I smell others on you.  And perhaps he could bed down with them as well.  Winter was fast approaching.
ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀᴄǫᴜᴀɪɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
Messages In This Thread
for the sake of one who was - by Miyako - October 24, 2017, 11:46 PM
RE: for the sake of one who was - by Varick - October 27, 2017, 01:08 PM
RE: for the sake of one who was - by Miyako - October 27, 2017, 08:50 PM
RE: for the sake of one who was - by Varick - October 28, 2017, 03:00 PM
RE: for the sake of one who was - by Miyako - October 28, 2017, 03:10 PM
RE: for the sake of one who was - by Varick - October 28, 2017, 06:39 PM
RE: for the sake of one who was - by Miyako - October 28, 2017, 10:52 PM
RE: for the sake of one who was - by Varick - October 30, 2017, 08:53 PM
RE: for the sake of one who was - by Miyako - November 06, 2017, 02:28 PM