King Elk Forest of a boy ruled by the sun, burned by the things he could never touch
his crown was ever changing made as it was by leaves and berries of the season
228 Posts
Ooc —
Delight appears and Mato realizes that the wisp is just the wolf that he’s wanted to see — even though his grandfather might have been able to offer him advice on losing a mate. Not that Mato lost Bri. Not in that way …or well if he has he isn’t expressly aware of it. Still, it is a loss nevertheless; but in truth, Mato does not seek advice. He’s already worked through it himself. He merely seeks to move on from it now, to channel his energy and focus into the kingdom he’s built while it flourishes — though Mato suspects that it flourishes largely in part of Delight’s efforts. In which the empyrean will be eternally grateful to the wisp and ever able to properly express it. Expressing emotions isn’t exactly the starlit king’s forte. He’d rather avoid them, if at all possible. They are messy and they cloud judgement. Feelings are distractions and yet …yet Mato cannot make himself unfeeling. He can try but he will never succeed.

“I am fine.” Not well, not good. Fine. And he is. He has worked through and there is a sense of freedom in accepting what is. He cannot change it, does not know that his wayward love will ever return to him. He offers Delight an affectionate smile then, trying to find words to express how invaluable Delight is to him. He assumes that it is Bri they speak of and responds, “I’ve accepted that she’s gone, for whatever reason. Pining after her and wasting energy when it can be channeled towards Tindómë is not fair to the wolves beneath my rule.” It sounds cruel as it leaves his lips and he does not necessarily mean it so coldly but it’s how he feels and there is a certain relief in getting it off his chest. Mato has never seen the world as most others do. It is tragic but it is done and there is no going back from it. There is only moving forward. Sometimes, it takes natural disasters to give light to something new, something that would never have otherwise had the chance to be if that disaster hadn’t happened.
363 words
Messages In This Thread
RE: of a boy ruled by the sun, burned by the things he could never touch - by rip gemini - November 26, 2017, 05:39 AM