King Elk Forest of a boy ruled by the sun, burned by the things he could never touch
his crown was ever changing made as it was by leaves and berries of the season
228 Posts
Ooc —
trash post is filler trash, lmao. xD

Mato is easily lost in the void of the beyond. Beyond his corporeal body, beyond the complexity or lack thereof of emotions. He has done it before and he fears slipping back into it. There was a bought of it during his time in Northstar Vale and he feels the void calling to him: to disconnect from the solid ground that holds him. He has obligations now: he is not free to lose himself in that vast and never-ending beyond again. There is no telling, if he did, if he would come back from it. The next time he might waste away to dust. “What use is letting the feeling fester?” Mato inquires, his words not capricious but merely curious. “It is done. It is time to move on. Maybe she will come back and maybe she won’t. I have to be pragmatic or else I will get lost. I may never get closure but I can’t let it consume me.” His salmon pink tongue draws across his jowls. Perhaps he is too pragmatic: but he doesn’t want to dwell, doesn’t want to linger. He’s thought about leaving, about searching for her but to what end? He has no idea where she has gone or why. It would do no good, give him no closure. “When one door closes, another opens up to us.”

Or perhaps he is simply destined to wander the halls looking for another door that will never come. He is young still and there is nothing to say that he won’t find love again but he isn’t going to look for it. “I’ve never been good at adequately expressing my feelings.” Most of the time they were ambiguous to Mato and he struggles with how to deal with them, how to interpret, how to express them. “Mere mortals?” Mato repeats with a soft, amused snort. He may bear a title of a great star, might narcissistically fancy himself as a king but that’s all it is: his fleeting and fickle narcissism. Mato worries abruptly that he is not grieving Brie's absence enough; perhaps he is more unfeeling than he initially thinks he is. It is relatively easy for him disassociate himself from the relationship he'd once had with her under the belief that she's never coming back. Yet, he doesn't spend long fretting over it. Everyone grieves differently, some spend longer upon it than others. He will always love Brienne but grieving and beating the 'why's' over the head over and over couldn't be healthy.
417 words
Messages In This Thread
RE: of a boy ruled by the sun, burned by the things he could never touch - by rip gemini - November 26, 2017, 11:20 AM