From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun)
<small><i>avatar by lieu</i></small>
67 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
Post ran away with me...

this used to be my playground
this used to be my childhood dream
this used to be the place i ran to
whenever i was in need
of a friend
[size=3]why did it have to end[/size]

“That’s so interesting to me,” he replied, tilting his head slightly to the side. “I was taught the opposite; that black is all the colors combined and white is the absence of color. It’s fascinating to me that there are different interpretation of all things color. Sometimes I do wish that I could actually see…” It really was fascinating to him, especially since he couldn’t actually see things for himself. He had to take things at face value from what others told him.

His tail swayed a little more behind him when she said that she’d like to see him in action. Yildun had never before offered to actually hunt for someone, but it just seemed like the right thing to do. He didn’t want her to think that he was completely helpless just because he was blind. Granted, he couldn’t hunt large prey or hunt in a pack hunt like the other members could do, but he could still hunt none the less. It was just a matter of making absolute sure that he knew the exact layout of the land to be able to avoid running into something or stepping in a hole. “I almost have the territory memorized. I will definitely let you know when I’m ready.”

She asked him if he’d like to talk about his father and his smile faltered. The sadness began to wash in around him and his ears slicked backward a little bit. “My dad was everything to me,” he responded, giving a soft sigh. “He was my protector, my provider, my teacher, my best friend. He encouraged me to learn, helped me on my first time hunting. I remember it clearly. It was a squirrel that had already been slightly injured. My dad helped by not helping and only giving encouragement as to which direction I needed to go. It was the most awesome feeling when I caught it. I had pounced on it and, in my excitement of catching it, almost forgot to actually kill it. Dad had to remind me.” He laughed, softly, as he remembered that day.

He missed his dad. So very much, he missed his dad. It was hard being without him, honestly. Having to rely on everyone else and ending up feeling more like a burden than anything. Even when others assured him that he wasn’t a burden, he still felt like he was. “He took me to this place that was adjacent to our pack lands that was flat and without trees so that I could run,” he continued, a faint smile touching his face. “It was the first time I ever felt the wind on my face. He ran with me. It felt like… it felt like I was flying.” Oh how he had enjoyed that entire afternoon with just him and his dad, flying across the field without a worry or care in the world. It had been amazing.

“When he started getting sick, he would forget who I was,” he hung his head as he spoke. “I didn’t understand why or what was going on. It seemed to drag on and on. And the longer it went on, the less he remembered me. That’s when Julooke stepped in and took over taking care of me. I know the loss of our parents has been hard on her, too… combined with having to take care of me. I feel like a burden more often than not…”

Messages In This Thread
From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - August 19, 2013, 08:27 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - August 29, 2013, 10:34 AM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - August 29, 2013, 01:50 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - August 31, 2013, 02:31 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 02, 2013, 12:15 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 06, 2013, 11:41 AM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 08, 2013, 04:08 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 08, 2013, 05:07 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 12, 2013, 03:03 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 12, 2013, 08:08 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 12, 2013, 08:35 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 12, 2013, 09:10 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 13, 2013, 08:08 AM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 13, 2013, 09:17 AM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 13, 2013, 09:35 AM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 13, 2013, 10:27 AM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 13, 2013, 10:37 AM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 13, 2013, 10:49 AM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 13, 2013, 12:41 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 13, 2013, 04:05 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 13, 2013, 07:51 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 13, 2013, 08:07 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 13, 2013, 09:11 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 13, 2013, 10:03 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 14, 2013, 07:53 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 16, 2013, 08:39 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 17, 2013, 09:50 AM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 17, 2013, 02:25 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 17, 2013, 02:38 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 17, 2013, 05:49 PM