Totoka River i'm no hero
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
<style type="text/css">table.ragnar {background: #ffffff url("http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/theder/ragnardertable_zpsefab268a.png") no-repeat top center;}</style>
Ragnar didn’t mean to shatter the boy’s hopes of having a hero to look up too and if he chose to look up to Ragnar despite the honesty in which the Viking spoke then that was his choice. Though admittedly knowing he was looked up to flattered his ego and felt nice he did not want them thinking he was something he was not and then finding themselves horribly disappointed by him later on. He could not tell them what to think of him be it hero or monster, martyr or heathen but he had never strove to hide in false skin. He lived honestly, swept in the mystique of his religion and bathed in the barbarianism of his culture. Ragnar might have never been able to see how savage he truly was if he had never left the Cove and North where his way of life was all he knew and largely accepted. It was his wife’s own reactions to different things he did and told her that made him see the vast chasm of difference between them and him. Upon her convergence to Paganism and into his culture she was a little more accepting and open to things he did though she was not afraid to let him know she disapproved.

"Good," Ragnar spoke when Mees promised him what he asked for. As long as his wolves gave him and the Bay in general their loyalty, respect and dedication Ragnar, in turn, would give them all that was within his mortal ability to give. His respect, his loyalty, his life if it would ever come down to it. They were not his family by blood but sometimes family by bond was much stronger than blood. Ragnar’s ears perked with interest when Mees admitted that he was looking to become an Outrider and that his ambition strove greater than that still by looking to become an ambassador for Stavanger Bay. The scarred Northman nodded his approval. Ambition was a good driving force, he knew from experience considering his own ambitions seemed to be limitless. He would always want more, more children, more scars, more knowledge. "I am close to earning the Outrider trade myself and would not mind teaching you," And smirked softly when he added, "I recommend speaking to Verrine about it too. He is the more seasoned Outrider of us." And the one Ragnar initially reflected to for pointers when he was learning the trade and how to be diplomatic. Ragnar was clever and knew when to exercise caution on delicate matters and knew the difference between necessity and utter stupidity and recklessness (hence why he had decided to relocate to Stavanger Bay instead of fighting the Isle wolves) but his diplomacy still needed work and Ragnar was not so proud as to not ask for help from wolves who knew more about what he wanted to learn.

The word ‘brethren’ was a strange one to the Viking who assumed based on the sentence it was in that it was another word for ‘packmates’ and hoped for the sake of humility that he wasn’t wrong. "Most of us are survivors of Horizon Ridge," What was left of the pack after their slow decline and Pump’s horrible and gruesome death. "I mean no offense to know given your now history with the Isle wolves but between their presence and the increasing tension between our packs and the fact that the bear that had murdered our alpha at the time, Pump, I knew something needed to be done when I stepped up," Ragnar took a deep breath and let it out. "We could have fought the bear, killed it, and we could have had a war…I wanted to fight," He might as well admit it, after all there was no shame in admitting what he wanted even if it was flawed. "But it was not worth risking the lives of my pack for, and I am blood sick and weary. Moving was the best option for the pack and that was all that mattered." It was probably a little more on the subject of ’Horizon Ridge survivors’ than Mees wanted to know but Ragnar felt it imperative that he understood where most of the Bay came from. "Some are from Wheeling Gull Isle like you, Beric and Sköll," Ragnar named them in the off chance that Mees had known them. Sköll didn’t really talk about his brief time in Wheeling Gull Isle too much, and Ragnar preferred to hear about how his old friend Floki was doing anyhow. "We do have two Captives, Ollie and Olor. They trespassed into our borders and I gave them the punishment of being our captives for two weeks to prove a point." It was, in Ragnar’s eyes, the most ‘diplomatic’ course of action though the only thing that had spared them had been the girl’s young age. "We were officially founded on July twenty-seventh, so last Friday."

Ragnar’s brow furrowed slightly at the mention of Silvertip Mountain. He did not know much of anything about them and in reality had not even known they had existed until Majesty had mentioned them that day in Ravensblood Forest that had sealed their Fate of disliking one another. "I have no quarrel with them. We stick mainly to ourselves. I am acquainted, by chance alone, with Blacktail Deer Plateau’s alpha female Blue Willow but it is nothing as concrete as an alliance." Mostly because Ragnar didn’t believe in them.

Messages In This Thread
i'm no hero - by Ragnar - June 27, 2014, 06:27 AM
RE: i'm no hero - by Horcrux - June 27, 2014, 12:14 PM
RE: i'm no hero - by Ragnar - June 28, 2014, 06:51 AM
RE: i'm no hero - by Horcrux - July 02, 2014, 03:19 PM
RE: i'm no hero - by Ragnar - July 02, 2014, 05:15 PM
RE: i'm no hero - by Horcrux - July 03, 2014, 11:07 AM
RE: i'm no hero - by Ragnar - July 04, 2014, 07:36 AM