Shadewood Stamford is closed
420 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
ISNT HE THOUGH??? <3 King did an amazing job!

There was a limit to what Ambrose would put up with from his older brother, and Bruges knew it. But for the time being he was giving him a chance to prove he was better than fate otherwise indicated. Plus, heck, he could be fun too! Sometimes! It was just that fun didn't lend itself very well to the studious work ethic that made Ambrose feel so damn good about himself. Bruges might've enjoyed dipping his stick into various gene pools for the rush of it all, but Ambrose wasn't like that.

So, on to those terms. The more that Bruges spoke of this bet the less and less Ambrose felt inclined to participate. He was, essentially, telling Ambrose to be more like Bruges, which was everything that he did not want. The boy scoffed at the very mention of charming a girl. Of course you'd start there, he murmured, more to himself than anything, but his expression turned in to something of subtle disdain for his hedonistic elder brother. Then, the mention of Niamh—and they both knew as soon as rank became a factor in this bet, that Bruges had Ambrose right where he wanted him.

He had always been competitive with his sister. Plus, if this put them together in the same pack, then Ambrose could keep an eye on her and keep Bruges from screwing anything up. Still, he felt like he was being played just a little bit, and the way he huffed and glared at Bruges made that obvious.

Okay, fine. I get in, I charm someone—what about you? If I can do that then you'll be happy enough to leave Niamh alone? I don't believe you. It was more likely that Bruges would find a way to circumvent the rules of the game. How about this—I try to do all that stuff, but you try to join up with another pack and earn yourself a trade. Something, hmm, something like caretaker or botanist, to keep you rooted to one place. We'll see who succeeds first. If we're both unsuccessful in—one month, its a tie. We can meet back here in thirty days.

As if Bruges could survive in one place for long without screwing up (or screwing someone). To make it harder, he'd have to keep to a trade that would limit his roaming behavior. Ambrose was grinning as he watched his brother's expression, but he finally, boldly, stepped towards him and said, Deal?
Messages In This Thread
Stamford is closed - by Bruges - August 06, 2018, 04:27 PM
RE: Stamford is closed - by RIP Firefly - August 07, 2018, 06:45 PM
RE: Stamford is closed - by Bruges - August 07, 2018, 07:25 PM
RE: Stamford is closed - by RIP Firefly - August 07, 2018, 07:42 PM
RE: Stamford is closed - by Bruges - August 07, 2018, 08:49 PM
RE: Stamford is closed - by RIP Firefly - August 08, 2018, 02:42 PM
RE: Stamford is closed - by Bruges - August 08, 2018, 06:47 PM
RE: Stamford is closed - by RIP Firefly - August 08, 2018, 09:37 PM
RE: Stamford is closed - by Bruges - August 09, 2018, 12:15 PM
RE: Stamford is closed - by RIP Firefly - August 09, 2018, 05:50 PM
RE: Stamford is closed - by Bruges - August 09, 2018, 07:54 PM