Blacktail Deer Plateau Ain't gotta be high like me, to be fly like me
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He was surprised to see Minori sit down and shake her head at his request. Following suit, Corvus sat down, as well. "Were you ever...naive? Easily fooled? Someone just wanting...affection?" She asked. He'd certainly been naive before, but the latter feeling escaped him. The pieces were beginning to fall into place in his mind. With the mention of this "Higoro" character followed by questions of naivety and affection... something must've happened between them; a difference in feelings, perhaps.

I have been foolish plenty in the past. Affection, however... is something I never had time to even consider, The mercenary answered honestly. He was a scarred, battered soul hardened by years of struggling and fighting tooth and nail just to survive. The want for affection never even crossed his mind until just now at her mentioning. This realization didn't phase him much―he'd gone this far in its absence, and he could go the rest of his life without it. Still, Corvus was not opposed to the feeling; just not actively seeking it.

After a pause in thought, he spoke again, He hurt you. It wasn't a question, but a statement―an observation. The nosferatu's voice was low, verbalizing the spark of anger that cropped up. However, it was gone as quickly as it had surfaced. He didn't have the whole story, but Corvus loathed to see Minori in such a state. The pain was evident in her entire being: the windows of her eyes, her weak voice, her defensive posture. Pain, be it physical or emotional, made itself clear when not hidden expertly. He wanted to do something to bring back her fire but had no idea what that something would be, causing frustration to build inside him at the core.
I cannot be killed by dogs. It takes a man to kill a monster.

Romanian | English
Messages In This Thread
RE: Ain't gotta be high like me, to be fly like me - by Corvus - August 28, 2018, 10:38 AM