Rising Sun Valley Forest of Aspens [Discovery Thread]
Amnesia may have destroyed my <i>memory</i>, but it will not destroy <i>me</i>.
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
I actually did come up with a name: The Alabaster Wood (alabaster is a color; it means white/silver), named for the color of the trunks. But I really like Emberwood, now that I think about it… The only problem being that it wouldn’t fit for three out four seasons of the year, which is why I was trying to think of something not-Autumn related. But I do like Emberwood… *is off to make this a poll so people can vote on the two names* >.< *is bad at coming up with final decisions…*

*comes back like two hours later, wondering where the hell the time went* Sorry… >.<

Red was happy with Summer’s response, even if it was only two words long. She wasn’t much of a talker herself, so it would be completely hypocritical for her to be bothered by a short answer. Besides, all that mattered was that he liked it. She was eager to explore farther into the woods, and showed this by charging full-speed through the trees, then turning and barking for her young companion to follow. Her tail wagged furiously, a sure sign that she was delighted to be discovering a previously unknown location.

But she also knew that she had to stick close to her friend, since he was only juvenile and shouldn’t be left alone for very long. To be honest, Red couldn’t be sure that this was necessarily a safe place, and was almost tempted to send him back to the Sunspire. And then she realized that that would require her to go with him, since — again — he was only a juvenile. Sighing, she decided she would simply have to be careful. If there was any sign of danger, she’d be sure to get them both the hell out of there.

But for now, she was eager to press on. She continued bounding ahead, and then turning back to make sure Summer was still with her. It was in this way that they discovered the lake at the forest’s center…

Sorry this cuts off so weirdly. If I had kept going I would have had to write like another four paragraphs of description. >.< So! You can describe the lake in detail if you want to. I know I’m the one trying to discover the territory, but new ways of seeing a place are always welcome, and it might help me flesh it out a bit more. ^_^ You can use as little or as much description as you want.
Messages In This Thread
Forest of Aspens [Discovery Thread] - by Red Wolf - July 17, 2014, 08:51 AM
RE: Forest of Aspens [Discovery Thread] - by Red Wolf - July 17, 2014, 09:57 PM
RE: Forest of Aspens [Discovery Thread] - by Red Wolf - July 21, 2014, 03:55 PM
RE: Forest of Aspens [Discovery Thread] - by Red Wolf - July 24, 2014, 08:25 PM
RE: Forest of Aspens [Discovery Thread] - by Red Wolf - July 27, 2014, 11:16 PM
RE: Forest of Aspens [Discovery Thread] - by Red Wolf - August 07, 2014, 03:24 PM