Rising Sun Valley Forest of Aspens [Discovery Thread]
Amnesia may have destroyed my <i>memory</i>, but it will not destroy <i>me</i>.
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
OMG GREAT DESCRIPTIONS! ^_^ And no need to match my length.

This place was, indeed, amazing. It was gorgeous and the sun lit up the forest floor beautifully, creating dappled pools of light everywhere. The woods seemed safe enough, too, which was good because it meant they wouldn’t have to worry about anything attacking them. It seemed that most predatory animals were scarce, which also meant that there was an abundance of prey. Red could see the scurrying forms of rabbits and voles bounding through the underbrush and diving for cover. Perhaps she would come here again to hunt.

Soon enough, the coywolf could smell water on the wind. Freshwater. And she couldn’t hear it moving, which meant it was probably a lake. Ten or so minutes later, she was proven correct as she and Summer stepped away from a break in the trees only to come face to face with a big body of water. A few waterfowl swam lazily across its surface and ignored the two wolves. Red watched as her companion strode toward the shore and then dipped a paw into the water, scattering a school of minnow that had been previously swimming about. Then he turned to face her and whined for her to join him.

She smiled and came forward, gazing into the water at her reflection. She remembered doing the same thing on the day of her awakening in the Teekon Wilds, looking at herself in the reflection of Duck Lake. That had been at least a few months ago now, and the scared self she had been back then seemed hardly like herself now at all. She still almost never spoke, and still ran if things looked dangerous, but slowly, she was learning to trust those who didn’t automatically look mean.

Breaking out her reverie, Red grinned at her reflection, and then slyly dipped a paw into the water. She held it there for a moment, then suddenly whooshed it towards Summer, attempting to splash the pup.

<style type="text/css">.red {width:400px; margin:0px auto; padding:200px 25px 20px 20px; background-image:url('http://i62.tinypic.com/10h0siu.png'); background-position: top; background-color:#0a0c00; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;} .red-in {width: 380px; border:3px double #edc61e; padding: 10px; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.65); text-align: justify;} .red q {color:#edc61e;} .red p {text-indent:30px; color:#dcceb6; font:12px/1.75 times; margin:0px;}</style>
Messages In This Thread
Forest of Aspens [Discovery Thread] - by Red Wolf - July 17, 2014, 08:51 AM
RE: Forest of Aspens [Discovery Thread] - by Red Wolf - July 17, 2014, 09:57 PM
RE: Forest of Aspens [Discovery Thread] - by Red Wolf - July 21, 2014, 03:55 PM
RE: Forest of Aspens [Discovery Thread] - by Red Wolf - July 24, 2014, 08:25 PM
RE: Forest of Aspens [Discovery Thread] - by Red Wolf - July 27, 2014, 11:16 PM
RE: Forest of Aspens [Discovery Thread] - by Red Wolf - August 07, 2014, 03:24 PM