Swiftcurrent Creek Fear of Sleep
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
No manner of careful attention could ease the tension that Njal felt. He did his best to alleviate that which plagued his wife, but nothing could ease his own nerves at this point. There seemed to be only one way out of this entire situation — but did they dare to leave this all behind? The creek had been their home. They had both done their best to keep it safe and strong. While Tuwawi pondered, Njal did the same.. But his thought varied now, drifting to the memory of Lethe, to her demise and burial. Were they effectively burying a second leader now? He did not wish to give up hope for Fox's return, but he knew that following the girl was out of the question at this point. Following anyone seemed.. Wrong, now. If they wanted their family to survive and flourish, the two new parents would have to take things in to their own hands. "I fear if we wait too long, we will miss our opportunity. Or worse," Njal was silent as his flame spoke, but found himself agreeing.

"I want our children to enjoy the world around them. Even if Swiftcurrent starts healing... it will be a long while before things are right again," Tuwawi commented, and Njal found himself agreeing wholeheartedly. They were thinking the same things, sharing the burden of worry when it came to their children and the pack. Despite the situation, Njal felt a sudden ease within his soul. They would survive; he knew that instrinsicly. Together they could weather any storm. She sat next to him now, and while Njal was quite silent, he knew that words were not necessary — until she mentioned the North. He turned to regard the river as she explained what was one her mind, and then looked to her when he was ready to speak again.

"When I was looking for Fox, I explored in to the north and saw distant mountains. I did not think she had made it that far, so I turned around." But those mountains, as distant as they were, could prove to be the family's sanctuary. "I will talk to Bazi." The man agreed, and once more pressed his nose in to his wife's scruff, tasting her scent and warmth. "If she truly is our friend, she will understand our unease about staying." But even as he spoke those words, Njal felt his stomach begin to twist in a dull knot - there was always the chance of rejection. If they angered Bazi, there would be no going back.
Messages In This Thread
Fear of Sleep - by Tuwawi RIP - July 25, 2014, 05:26 PM
RE: Fear of Sleep - by RIP Njal - July 25, 2014, 11:59 PM
RE: Fear of Sleep - by Tuwawi RIP - July 26, 2014, 12:21 AM
RE: Fear of Sleep - by RIP Njal - July 26, 2014, 01:34 AM
RE: Fear of Sleep - by Tuwawi RIP - July 26, 2014, 01:12 PM
RE: Fear of Sleep - by RIP Njal - July 26, 2014, 04:01 PM
RE: Fear of Sleep - by Tuwawi RIP - July 27, 2014, 02:01 PM
RE: Fear of Sleep - by RIP Njal - July 27, 2014, 02:16 PM
RE: Fear of Sleep - by Tuwawi RIP - July 27, 2014, 02:59 PM
RE: Fear of Sleep - by RIP Njal - July 27, 2014, 03:11 PM