Flycatcher Downs And sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler,
6 Posts
Ooc — Jess
All Welcome 
Please read this thread before joining. By joining, you are confirming that you have read this post, my regulations regarding Acer, and will abide by the guidelines set and the dice rolls I'll do.

@Liri
This thread will be closed to new joiners on Friday, Feb 1 at 11:00pm Mountain Time, or when 4 wolves have joined as that is the maximum.

"I just feel like we're wedged between predators and the mountains, and too far away from the mountains to reach them safely."
One of his cows had brought of this point earlier on in the day, and he had agreed. They'd been too close to a wolf-infested area, it seemed, so he herded the group further East and to the South to another meadow for them to graze in, one which had a forest on one side and a less rocky mountain range to the south-west. They could use that as an escape route if necessary, as the elk were exceptionally nimble-footed, and could travel through mountain ranges as though carried by a breeze. 

He was reluctant to keep them on the mountain, though, due to the thick snowfall. Cougars had claimed those as their hunting grounds, and with theyr massive, broad paws acting as snowshoes, they could cover the ground much quicker than the elk could. They'd lost two cows to cougars already this winter- he didn't want to lose any more. Wolves could be reckoned with, fought off and even killed; but a cougar was something different altogether. He'd take his chances with the dogs. 

The herd stayed close together, pawing through the snow to find morsels of grass, while those on the outside- including Acer- stayed on guard.
Messages In This Thread
And sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, - by Acer - January 30, 2019, 12:52 AM