Silverlight Terrace my taste in music is your face
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
He thought he had been on a familiar trail homeward, with a dark shape drifting occasionally across his vision. He thought it had been his brother, or a sister, or someone else important - the stranger carried themselves with a self-assured gait and looked sizable enough, young, healthy. They could have been a new recruit to the mountain and Revui would not have known; but his first thought was of family, and he trailed after them without a hint of malice. Hydra had charged him to patrol the areas surrounding the mountain and he continued to do that, having found little reason to disobey. It was a freeing experience.

Tonight was exceptional; the stars dotted the heavens, the moon was nearing its luminous apex, and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. The oncoming spring had brought with it the winds characteristic of the season, and they swept through the valley in the daylight, leading to this perfect night. Clarity abounds - and yet, the dark shape remains obscured to him. They duck among some trees and are temporarily lost to Revui's line of sight, which prompts him to pick up the pace. He overshoots wherever they have sequestered themselves; when he doubles back, he finds himself faced with bright eyes in the dark.

These eyes, he does not know. They reflect the silver glow of the moon, and after a pause Revui realizes the stranger hasn't yet seen him; they are looking up, watching the sky in the way that his mother used to, which stalls any further motion from the warrior. He stares without approaching, tracing the silhouette with his own gaze, before deeming the stranger a non-issue, and contemplates leaving before he himself is spotted.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Messages In This Thread
my taste in music is your face - by Astaroth - March 06, 2020, 06:59 PM
RE: my taste in music is your face - by Revui (Ghost) - March 09, 2020, 04:48 PM
RE: my taste in music is your face - by Astaroth - March 16, 2020, 05:43 PM
RE: my taste in music is your face - by Revui (Ghost) - March 17, 2020, 09:55 PM
RE: my taste in music is your face - by Astaroth - March 19, 2020, 03:31 PM
RE: my taste in music is your face - by Revui (Ghost) - March 19, 2020, 11:23 PM
RE: my taste in music is your face - by Astaroth - March 20, 2020, 12:21 AM
RE: my taste in music is your face - by Revui (Ghost) - March 20, 2020, 12:30 AM
RE: my taste in music is your face - by Astaroth - March 20, 2020, 12:46 AM
RE: my taste in music is your face - by Revui (Ghost) - March 20, 2020, 12:44 PM
RE: my taste in music is your face - by Astaroth - March 20, 2020, 01:12 PM
RE: my taste in music is your face - by Revui (Ghost) - March 27, 2020, 06:43 PM
RE: my taste in music is your face - by Astaroth - April 02, 2020, 01:27 AM
RE: my taste in music is your face - by Revui (Ghost) - April 02, 2020, 07:47 PM