Stavanger Bay Think happy thoughts and fly, Peter Pan!
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
I know, it just bugs me that it makes my speak text a different color... XD

The young child agreed with her where his mother was concerned. Thistle was a very adept healer, and Julooke wouldn't be surprised if she achieved master in her trade soon. He sniffed at her wound, but otherwise seemed uninterested, which was fine with Julooke. He admitted he wanted to hurt the "big, bad wolf" who had done this to her. She smiled. One day, you'll be big enough to, she said, nuzzling his neck, thankful for him. He was such a sweet child, and Julooke hoped he kept that as he grew.

He seemed excited to learn how to fish, and Julooke figured she should be okay to teach him. They reached the edge of the lake, and Julooke looked over to Tveir, Wait right here and watch how I do it, she instructed, waiting to see if he would follow it. She waded into the water until she was about elbow deep, turning to face Tveir. You want to make sure the sun is behind you, so that your shadow doesn't scare the fish away, she said. Find a good spot for your paws. When you're in a river, the rocks can be really slippery and if you don't have a good stance, you'll fall in, she added. Looking into the water, she said, Now, we just wait until a fish comes by. This was the second hardest part about fishing. Julooke was usually a pretty active wolf, and it was difficult for her to stay still. Plus, it might take a little while for the fish to come back since she had been talking. She noticed before that the fish seem to sense her voice and get scared away.

It was a few minutes before she began seeing them here and there, and a few more minutes before she got her chance at one. It swam right next to her foreleg, and her head darted into the water, jaws open until she felt it against her teeth. She chomped down on it, making sure she had a good grip before she brought the struggling fish out of the water. It was a small one, and easy to carry over to shore. She dropped it next to Tveir, smiling and tail wagging. Wanna try to catch one next? she asked.
Messages In This Thread
Think happy thoughts and fly, Peter Pan! - by Julooke - August 11, 2014, 08:47 PM
RE: Think happy thoughts and fly, Peter Pan! - by Gunnar - August 12, 2014, 09:59 AM
RE: Think happy thoughts and fly, Peter Pan! - by Julooke - August 14, 2014, 08:36 AM
RE: Think happy thoughts and fly, Peter Pan! - by Gunnar - August 14, 2014, 10:07 AM
RE: Think happy thoughts and fly, Peter Pan! - by Julooke - August 17, 2014, 09:25 AM
RE: Think happy thoughts and fly, Peter Pan! - by Gunnar - August 18, 2014, 08:45 AM
RE: Think happy thoughts and fly, Peter Pan! - by Julooke - August 20, 2014, 06:38 PM
RE: Think happy thoughts and fly, Peter Pan! - by Gunnar - August 29, 2014, 11:50 AM