Whitefish River My Heart and Hands Collide
Loner
209 Posts
Ooc — xynien
The heat scent spreading through Kaistleoki hasn't slipped past his notice, though he's avoided mentioning it to @Evergreen. He's certain his mate has noticed it too, and probably has noticed Winterbourne's sudden increase in affection — but beyond that, it hasn't affected things much, and he's been content with that for now. The time to prepare has been much-needed, and very helpful; having something to focus on has made it easier to pull himself out of his sudden spiral, and his legs are healing alongside his fragile heart.
Unfortunately, relaxing more has some unwanted side effects. He'd decided to take a few hours of alone time, mostly to assure himself that he can now, and his attention had wandered a little too much. Without realizing it, he's drifted toward the heat-scent, near enough that he spots Ira in the distance, striking at the water from the riverside. He hadn't realized how much the scent would cloud his thoughts up close, and it catches him off-guard for a moment. Feeling awkward, he decides all he can do is approach. She's probably just fishing, it's fine, we'll just fish, he tells himself as he draws near enough to greet her.
Hi, Is all he can come up with at first. Are you um, fishing? Mind if I join you? He forgets to wait for an answer to the first question before the second comes tumbling out, flustered as he is by Ira's proximity. As the moments tick by, he starts to feel overwhelmed; he wants — not Ira, not really, but something. Evergreen, maybe, though Ira is the source of the feeling. It's all too confusing to make any sense of it right now.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
Messages In This Thread
My Heart and Hands Collide - by Ira - March 28, 2020, 04:54 PM
RE: My Heart and Hands Collide - by Winterbourne - April 02, 2020, 02:44 PM
RE: My Heart and Hands Collide - by Ira - April 02, 2020, 03:02 PM
RE: My Heart and Hands Collide - by Winterbourne - April 02, 2020, 03:14 PM
RE: My Heart and Hands Collide - by Ira - April 02, 2020, 03:26 PM
RE: My Heart and Hands Collide - by Winterbourne - April 02, 2020, 04:20 PM
RE: My Heart and Hands Collide - by Ira - April 02, 2020, 04:40 PM
RE: My Heart and Hands Collide - by Winterbourne - April 02, 2020, 05:10 PM
RE: My Heart and Hands Collide - by Ira - April 02, 2020, 05:44 PM
RE: My Heart and Hands Collide - by Winterbourne - April 04, 2020, 12:41 AM