Wapun Meadow I let my brother go to the devil in his own way.
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
He turned an ear as the boy spoke again, and while Revui wasn't sure about the meaning behind the words, he thought that it might have been an offer. Shed some blood, get a hot meal - that was the way of things. He was already following the boy towards the herd; he could be the muscle, the bulwark facing a wave of bodies if the shadow spooked them. The mothers would run without thinking at first, he had seen this before; so startled by danger that they temporarily forgot their children. That would be the prime moment to strike.

Merrick was ahead of him. He was smaller but faster, something that Revui had overlooked even though Hydra had often insisted that he learn to be better. When the boy went one way, Revui went another - more direct, drawing towards the center mass of the gathered bodies, which prompted segmentation, as expected. Some veered for the shelter of trees while others - panicking - bolted across Merrick's path while their newborns struggled to keep up.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Messages In This Thread
RE: I let my brother go to the devil in his own way. - by Revui (Ghost) - April 17, 2020, 08:19 PM