Wapun Meadow I let my brother go to the devil in his own way.
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
The crippled doe balked at him, swaggering, but persisted despite its injury and Revui had to slouch sideways to avoid their off-kilter approach. Merrick moved in just as swiftly, abandoning the calf as it drowned in its own fluids. As he ventured for the mother's exposed side Revui roared before her, triumphant, incited by the taste of blood between his teeth - then bowled forth and lunged for her chest, her neck, her face, and while the doe spiraled to escape him she placed herself closer to the shadow.

They tag-teamed the beast mercilessly; it soon became apparent that Revui had lost himself in the chaos of it, inflicting wounds that would not outright kill her - just to watch her bleed. To feel superior, powerful. He peeled skin from her shoulder with a scrape of his fangs, rebounded to bludgeon at her with his momentum, snapped at her legs, tore an ear clean off; anything to keep his blood warm and furious in his veins.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Messages In This Thread
RE: I let my brother go to the devil in his own way. - by Revui (Ghost) - April 20, 2020, 05:41 PM