Wapun Meadow I let my brother go to the devil in his own way.
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
Their aim had been the calves of the herd — but now they were set upon the mother and there was no stopping them. Revui especially. He grew increasingly assertive with his strikes, wedging himself dangerously near the mother's flailing hooves or forcing her off-balance with a snap near the raised broken limb, harassing, harassing, harassing; he heard the serpentine laughter of the boy and flashed a bloodied grin his way, his vision fogged by his blood hunger. In place of Merrick he saw Arcturus; they were together again, maiming this weeping hind as she fought to save her babe.

He was struck by a powerful nostalgia as he rounded between the mother and her struggling calf, by now having choked nearly to death on its blood. It could not call out but it tried, weaker and weaker each time, and Revui wanted to play with it the way they had before — but then the mother shrieked a new, terrible, empowering dirge that drew his attention away again. She sagged away from Merrick and tried to brace herself, only to be reminded of her crippled limb - too late. Together the brothers would fall upon her and strip her away.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Messages In This Thread
RE: I let my brother go to the devil in his own way. - by Revui (Ghost) - April 22, 2020, 12:50 AM