Whitewater Gorge which i cannot touch because they are too near
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂
"I don't know. At some point I guess there was an attack. My dad died, someone else too. I don't know when it was, but I don't think that ended the pack. At some point someone just said it was gone.”

Well if that wasn’t just the vaguest, most disappointing, anticlimactic answer ever.

At first, Eleuthera felt a prickle of frustration settle right across her shoulder blades.
“Damn! No one else knows either!" she barked, sudden emotion coloring her voice. She knew most everyone had died fighting a bear. Then Seabreeze and Olive had died later, and all others dispersed — at least that’s what Séamus had told her, and was now corroborated by Mali. But this was not anything new to the lilac druid. No, she had been grappling with this knowledge for months, churning it over in her mind, trying to puzzle out exactly how something that was so right could have gone so wrong.

“It’s just like some big mystery that I can’t figure it out." For a moment, Eleuthera’s entire mien dropped from frustration into despair. She grit her teeth and willed herself not to cry in front of this relic from her long-gone past. If Ibis didn’t know, and stupid Mali didn’t know, then perhaps she would never know what happened to her family. Perhaps she would be doomed to repeat it.

Somewhere along the way, Eleuthera moved from despair to fiery, blame-hurling anger. She had no one else to be mad at, but at least she had Mali here, giving her a target for all these complex emotions. Her pale, lilac eyes visibly darkened.
“That’s all you know? You’ve been a stone’s throw away this entire time, and you didn’t do anything about it?!" Her words tingled on her lips, but her throat tightened at the thought of anyone being as ambivalent about Elysium as Mali was being.

“Don’t you care? They were your family."
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands

Messages In This Thread
RE: which i cannot touch because they are too near - by Eleuthera - August 11, 2020, 11:25 AM