Redhawk Caldera I spend my days with ghosts who all love you the most
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,537 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
All Welcome 
This year's pregnancy was much harder on her than last year.  She was fortunate to have Eljay, who made sure she kept eating, but she felt like she was constantly sick.  If she has any doubts left, they were gone, but she was so ready for them to be out and to get back to life as normal.

She trailed the Caldera lake on shaky legs.  She'd gotten sick and needed water, and now that she'd had some, the thought of more food made her stomach turn.  She'd heard, once, that boys sometimes brought more sickness than daughters.  She'd always thought it was one of those stories that was more coincidence than fact, but now she wondered. 

She needed distraction.  Maia didn't know a lot about @Teya's condition but there were things the mother could read.  She'd had children and knew the signs - the sickness, the swell of her sides. Worst of all was the fact that she didn't seem happy or that the news was something worth sharing. 

At first, Maia decided to respect her privacy in it, but now she wondered if maybe having a friend to talk to would help. Maia had only been a mother once before but that was experience, and she hated to think that Teya was struggling with this upset and alone.  She had Reyes, but that really wasn't the same.  So she began to look for her friend, slowly poking about the river and her other usual haunts.

@Teya - sorry for the tag, but editing this to change that Eljay told her since he specifically did not <3 I spaced and prob should have asked!
Messages In This Thread
I spend my days with ghosts who all love you the most - by Maia - March 25, 2022, 09:49 AM