Stavanger Bay shiver down my backbone
Brecheliant
Sciathán
736 Posts
Ooc — Me
"That's, what they have been telling me all my life," Dwin replied. "About meeting the One and then my life will change forever and yada, yada... But I like my life as it is now already," she said. "And I have yet to meet a person I would want to be together with. I have fancied many - you included - but that is not serious. It's a game of "what if"s to entertain yourself with, when I am bored," she told, sitting down next to Val and looking in the distance, where the sky met the ocean in the darkness. 

"And boredom - in my books - is a sin," she broke the brief silence, side-glanced at Val and gave him a toothy grin. "I am glad for those, who have found happiness in that kind of life, but I have seen the other side of it too. And it is not pretty. I do not want that," she told, thinking about Teya, the kindest and most generous person she knew, but who somehow got trodden upon time and time again. "My aunt Teya - she lost her mate this summer - she told me afterwards that every bit of pain and devastation she had felt int he aftermath had been worth the love and affection she had experienced," she shared. 

"And for her it may be true, but I do not believe in it," she stated simply, not expecting her companion to agree with her. "Well, we are yet to learn. We are just in the beginning of our journey and you happened to be in our path first," she smiled at him. "But maybe you can spin some yarns about the magic and sea-dragons and all the cool stuff of your home, so that I can tempt my sister to extend our travels?"
Messages In This Thread
shiver down my backbone - by Val - January 26, 2024, 05:58 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Ceridwen - January 27, 2024, 03:27 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Val - February 01, 2024, 05:08 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Ceridwen - February 02, 2024, 03:21 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Val - February 05, 2024, 07:31 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Ceridwen - February 07, 2024, 03:31 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Val - February 08, 2024, 07:30 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Ceridwen - February 10, 2024, 02:58 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Val - February 13, 2024, 02:09 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Ceridwen - March 02, 2024, 04:01 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Val - March 14, 2024, 09:41 AM