Stavanger Bay i can see you're lost like me
Loner
172 Posts
Ooc — Raven
You say so much with so little. <3 And then there's this...
The trio returned to the cave where Iaghe and Fleur had spent the previous night. It was a solid respite from the cold air but lacked the spaciousness Fleur and Andr had left behind in the Sentinels. A sacrifice Andr was more than willing to make to spare Iaghe from dwelling in a place that had caused her such pain.

He'd tucked himself into the corner as much as he could to give the she-wolves the most of what little space was left. Each began as though own little islands, unspoken waters between one another. Whereas his two companions drifted off with the current of sleep and slowly began to unravel, he remained rigid and awake.

The still lingering scent of Fleur's female nature filled the small space and seeped into Andr's nostrils. He attempted to force it out with long puffs, but it was unrelenting. Though more bearable than it had been, it continued to make him uncomfortable. His eyes were clenched shut as he battled against the wayward thoughts stirred up by the scent, when he felt something press against him. He opened his eyes to see Iaghe pressed beside him as though she'd been pulled into his current in her sleep.

He thought about moving, about exiting the cave, relinquishing his claim of this corner out of courtesy and for a chance at some unsullied air. But he did not wish to disturb her slumber and something pulled at him. It was a scent now close enough to contend with the odor plaguing his sinuses. He paused a moment before lifting his head and resting his muzzle against Iaghe's nape. The gentle perfume of the sea carrying whispers of distant shores clung to her coat and captured his scenes. Sailing him out on the sea of slumber.

- - - 

As the gentle waves of his mind became turbulent, he awoke to find himself and Fleur the only bodies resting within the cave. Their once cramped cavern now felt so vacant and his heart pounded with fear. Fear of the past repeated. 

He rose from the cave floor quickly and set foot out into the night. His eyes quickly locked onto the wildling's tracks, before he raced after them. Rushing through trees and shadows. Wondering how far she had gotten and if there was still time to catch sight of her... until the land opened to reveal the shores of the bay.

That's where he stopped. Seeing her in the distance looking off towards the world beyond the sea. 

His breath was heavy, billows of warm air against the cold night, as he tried to persuade his beating heart to slow.

Why was the thought of losing her... so violent?
Messages In This Thread
i can see you're lost like me - by Iaghe - February 28, 2024, 09:46 PM
RE: i can see you're lost like me - by Andr - February 29, 2024, 09:31 PM
RE: i can see you're lost like me - by Iaghe - March 03, 2024, 09:24 PM
RE: i can see you're lost like me - by Andr - March 04, 2024, 11:45 PM
RE: i can see you're lost like me - by Iaghe - March 05, 2024, 11:25 AM
RE: i can see you're lost like me - by Andr - March 17, 2024, 02:14 PM
RE: i can see you're lost like me - by Iaghe - March 31, 2024, 03:16 PM
RE: i can see you're lost like me - by Andr - April 15, 2024, 07:00 PM
RE: i can see you're lost like me - by Iaghe - April 20, 2024, 01:43 PM
RE: i can see you're lost like me - by Andr - April 27, 2024, 12:28 PM
RE: i can see you're lost like me - by Iaghe - May 04, 2024, 09:26 PM