Hushed Willows We crumble and fall, but we don’t break
Hushed Willows
Lead Singer*
174 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Her family had been different, they weren’t nomadic by any means. The pack had been long standing, formed by generations long past, residing in the same territory for many, many years. They, in a sense, were considered the royalty of Rhodesia. There were many packs who tried, and failed, to overthrow her parent’s reign; her mother’s father, and forefathers, had also felt the burden of ruling Rhodesian National Park, but unlike their time on the throne, Reina’s family suffered in the end. 

It would be different this time. She was determined to protect her family, by blood or no blood, however possible. The thought of nomadic life did not bother her and it wouldn’t matter where the pack held ground. Whatever the case will be, wherever they may end up, she would make it her duty to care for the pack—for Reverie and her daughters—and to protect their safety until her very last breath. 

Of course, she would hope it never came to that and their lives would be effortlessly blissful. But, she knew better. 

The Jokester, Life, does not care for your wants. It only takes, it is just a matter of time.

“I would like to see the world, so yes, I think that would be a fine idea. But, I find a little of my soul tethered here—although, maybe it is you who I am tethered to, Reverie. I did not truly know what would have become of me, then, if you hadn’t found me and absorbed me into the pack. My home is here, but I think it might be because you’re here…” she trailed off, looking away for a moment, bracing herself for her own words. It wasn’t clear why she felt the need to say these things, but it felt good to give them voice, even if she was still skirting around the bare, unadulterated truth behind them. “You, and now your babes, are my family. Blood or not, our souls are entertained; well, that is how it feels to me, anyway. I find myself wanting your happiness more than my own most days—you deserve that—and if that means traveling the earth, I will follow you.”

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Messages In This Thread
We crumble and fall, but we don’t break - by Reina - February 29, 2024, 07:23 PM
RE: We crumble and fall, but we don’t break - by Reverie - February 29, 2024, 08:49 PM
RE: We crumble and fall, but we don’t break - by Reina - March 11, 2024, 06:52 AM