Swiftcurrent Creek [m] I wouldn't front the scene if you paid me
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
287 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Eye gore :x
Her first instinct had been to hide the extent of her injury. Adrenaline kept her numbed in the immediate aftermath; anger kept her defiant. When she was sure that @Akavir was alright, Mae had wasted no time in forging a path back to Swiftcurrent Creek.

She hadn't bothered to wipe the blood or the mud from her eyes. Some part of her knew already that it would make no difference.

Mae wasn't sure when it started to hurt. She knew only that by the time the earth felt familiar beneath her paws and the breeze smelled of her pack, her face felt a mess of stinging and throbbing and bleeding. And it was. She kept her face turned slightly away even now, but if her father caught a glimpse of it he would see, beneath the mud, the red ruin that her eyes had become. The giant's claws had cut deeply, and the muck of the wetlands was already working its way into her bloodstream. Her eyelids were puffy, reddening.

She wanted to sleep.

She said nothing as she crossed the borders. There was nothing to say. Neither would she call for a healer; she didn't want anyone touching her, at least not anyone she didn't know. Not now.
Messages In This Thread
[m] I wouldn't front the scene if you paid me - by Mae - April 09, 2024, 12:49 PM