Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,274 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: language

she worried her lip as he spoke, explaining his side. glaukos was visibly ruffled, wind upon the grass of a prairie. she tried to see him in two ways: first, as the man who had agreed to help her sister raise cubs. this was the natural outcome of so unloving an arrangement, she thought meanly.
say whatever you want, but at least druid had a plan. you're just a whore, skaigona.
speaking with anselm of a distant past had drudged up more than one dead thing from the silt; she tried not to visibly wince at herself as glaukos finished his words.
a nod came, then her eyes fell to his coat. her gaze asked what had happened, but she did not think he would respond. 
"i understand why you're angry. i didn't ask her to send you away. i didn't even know," her own speech desperate, flying, "until she came back bruised up and said she'd made you leave. i-i tried to tell her we needed you. i even offered that she leave and let me stay. no," her eyes burned now with a slightly unhinged hurt. "she wanted to do it alone. and i was scared of you after that," heda admitted. 
"and she's my sister," the red-nape added quietly as she bowed her head; no matter what happened, that loyalty to the blood who stayed had become a cornerstone of her very existence.
the tears threatened again, and these ones were from those first days on the shoreline, watching sweetharbor fall away behind her for the last time, and malakai, and simeon.
"i didn't ask, and i'm sorry."
atonement for flinging i don't care about his very soul as a final epithet that day. it would never be enough, and though her pain heda found something new: the need to have anguish inflicted, a deep and yawning necessity.
Messages In This Thread
leidon - by Heda - April 10, 2024, 02:45 PM
RE: leidon - by Myrmidon - April 10, 2024, 03:17 PM
RE: leidon - by Heda - April 10, 2024, 04:13 PM
RE: leidon - by Myrmidon - April 10, 2024, 04:24 PM
RE: leidon - by Heda - April 10, 2024, 04:54 PM
RE: leidon - by Myrmidon - April 10, 2024, 05:06 PM
RE: leidon - by Heda - April 10, 2024, 05:13 PM
RE: leidon - by Myrmidon - April 10, 2024, 10:38 PM