Swiftcurrent Creek [m] Ain't a DJ gonna save my soul
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
287 Posts
Ooc — xynien
I know, Mae mumbled as Arric expressed his concern, ears lowering. She hated to make him worry. She might have said more, but another set of footsteps caught her attention then. These, too, were familiar.

And nothing settled Mae quite like the presence of the two wolves who occupied the most hidden, precious space in her heart. Akavir's arrival soothed the last of the tension in her. She felt abruptly tired, as if she could close her eyes now and sleep better than she had in months. Later she would realize it was because she felt truly safe.

Not that either of them would ever know it. Mae was already smirking slightly at Arric's colorful remarks, but at her father's words she snorted a laugh, finally sitting up. I'd say I wanna watch, but... Was it too soon to make jokes? Mae was pretty sure she was the one who got to decide that anyway.

When Akavir mentioned Reverie, however, she stilled. You think so? She tried to sound casual, but already her head tilted toward each of them in turn as if to say and which one of you is coming with me? Mae knew better than to assume they would let her leave alone, mostly blind and burning with infection, though she thought herself capable enough. Of the travel itself, at least. If anything threatened her along the way — that would be a different story.

Maybe it was a bad idea to go alone.
Messages In This Thread
[m] Ain't a DJ gonna save my soul - by Mae - April 11, 2024, 08:02 AM
RE: [m] Ain't a DJ gonna save my soul - by Arric - April 11, 2024, 08:07 AM
RE: [m] Ain't a DJ gonna save my soul - by Mae - April 11, 2024, 08:25 AM
RE: [m] Ain't a DJ gonna save my soul - by Arric - April 11, 2024, 08:49 AM
RE: [m] Ain't a DJ gonna save my soul - by Akavir - April 11, 2024, 09:01 AM
RE: [m] Ain't a DJ gonna save my soul - by Mae - April 11, 2024, 09:35 AM
RE: [m] Ain't a DJ gonna save my soul - by Arlette - April 12, 2024, 03:44 AM
RE: [m] Ain't a DJ gonna save my soul - by Arric - April 12, 2024, 05:54 AM
RE: [m] Ain't a DJ gonna save my soul - by Akavir - April 19, 2024, 01:18 PM
RE: [m] Ain't a DJ gonna save my soul - by Mae - April 24, 2024, 08:15 AM