Blacktail Deer Plateau Who would've thought that you'd be bad for my health?
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
"Wow," said Saena as the full breadth of of her family's expansive tree was laid out before her. Her father was just one of perhaps dozens of siblings, and her great grandmother and great grandfather had extensive ties, if what Osprey said could be believed. She could only imagine several hundred roots jutting out from there, the children of her aunts and uncles, the children of their children, a thousand tiny lights on the wolfish globe comprising the entire Redleaf family. It was truly unfathomable.

"Ah, I don't... call Kisu my dad," she said suddenly. "He never acted like a dad or even told us for a long time, y'know, and he just sorta left one day. Cared even less about me and my brother than... well, you know." For some reason, she was hesitant to say anything too poor about Peregrine to his sister. What she'd been about to say wasn't in the least bit true, but Saena felt the evidence was enough to conclude it. She didn't need to consider other perspectives because, of course, her experiences were the best representative in her opinion.

"That's comforting to know, though," said Saena at last, smiling to herself. "I always thought Pura and I were sort of just... misfits." Arguably, Pura was a misfit in every way; no amount of family ties could make him less unusual. Saena was less so, and felt far better knowing she had more than just Kisu, Pura, and Pied in her family tree.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Who would've thought that you'd be bad for my health? - by Saēna - November 07, 2014, 11:53 PM