Noctisardor Bypass it might be the chasing dynamic
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
692 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
All Welcome 
Druid rushed at the hawk, well aware she probably couldn’t—probably shouldn’t, for that matter—try to catch it. It took to the air with an earsplitting scream, its wings audibly beating. Her mismatched eyes quickly cut to the ground, eager to thieve its catch.

She’d hoped for a fish or some sort of small game. Druid supposed a vole counted, though she scoffed as she watched the poor thing—still alive, one of its hind legs mangled—scuttle about in the earth. She moved to put it out of its misery with a sound whack of her paw when another idea struck her.

Careful not to harm the critter further, she pinched its fur in her teeth. It screamed and squirmed as Druid carried it toward the den. Either her kids would get some hunting practice or one of them would score a familiar today. Druid wasn’t particular, she just didn’t want the opportunity to go waste.

The Den Mother stopped about twenty yards from the den’s entrance. She lowered her head, pinning the vole with a paw and freeing up her mouth. She called for @Kikimora, @Goldfinch, @Artio and @Averie even as the rodent shrilled its terror. Druid shushed it by rote, then laughed at herself.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
it might be the chasing dynamic - by Druid - April 22, 2024, 02:43 PM
RE: it might be the chasing dynamic - by Kikimora - April 24, 2024, 01:44 AM
RE: it might be the chasing dynamic - by Druid - April 24, 2024, 08:45 AM
RE: it might be the chasing dynamic - by Kikimora - April 24, 2024, 12:39 PM
RE: it might be the chasing dynamic - by Druid - April 25, 2024, 08:53 AM
RE: it might be the chasing dynamic - by Kikimora - April 25, 2024, 01:47 PM
RE: it might be the chasing dynamic - by Druid - April 25, 2024, 02:27 PM
RE: it might be the chasing dynamic - by Kikimora - April 29, 2024, 01:25 PM
RE: it might be the chasing dynamic - by Druid - May 01, 2024, 08:27 AM
RE: it might be the chasing dynamic - by Kikimora - May 01, 2024, 01:17 PM
RE: it might be the chasing dynamic - by Druid - May 01, 2024, 01:33 PM