Redtail Rise wildcard
Dragonspine
Alpha Female*
923 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Something she said thawed her sister’s frosty demesne. Masquerade felt relief so keen, it bordered on elation. She wanted to spring forward and cross the touch barrier, though she restrained herself. Instead, her long tail began to wag hopefully, going still at the Wealda’s first comment and then resuming a gentle sway at her second.

I know. I’m sorry, she said a third time. I really tried to make it work. It just wasn’t meant to be, Masque continued, softening the words by tentatively touching her nose to Redd's chin. I love the rise and the wolves in it but I know now I don’t belong here.

It ached to say it loud. But it was the truth. And she was here to show both Redd and herself that that was okay.

I want to build something of my own, she said, including Riley with a glance as she amended, We want to build something of our own. It would be nice, being back near family.

She glanced at Nova Peak again, then gave her sister an inquisitive look. They’d only just arrived back on the taiga and had no stakes, despite Masquerade’s age-old attachment to Dragon’s Back Ridge. If it was too close for Redd’s liking, they would have to scout further afield.

Perhaps the woods beyond would serve. They weren’t too different from Shadewood. Masque felt a pang as she thought of the faraway forest. She’d become quite fond of it. But if Redd and the others were not opposed, perhaps they wouldn’t have to settle halfway across the world.

Ashlar, too, crossed her mind, buried beneath the mud of the distant slough. She would have to tell the Wealda of the healer’s fate when the time was right.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
wildcard - by Raider - April 22, 2024, 01:11 PM
RE: wildcard - by Riley - April 22, 2024, 01:26 PM
RE: wildcard - by Redd - April 22, 2024, 05:43 PM
RE: wildcard - by Raider - April 22, 2024, 07:29 PM
RE: wildcard - by Riley - April 22, 2024, 07:35 PM
RE: wildcard - by Redd - April 22, 2024, 08:15 PM
RE: wildcard - by Raider - April 22, 2024, 08:44 PM
RE: wildcard - by Riley - April 22, 2024, 09:20 PM
RE: wildcard - by Redd - April 22, 2024, 09:39 PM
RE: wildcard - by Raider - April 22, 2024, 10:03 PM
RE: wildcard - by Riley - April 23, 2024, 07:31 AM