Redtail Rise wildcard
Dragonspine
Alpha Female*
923 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
A breath shuddered out of her throat at Redd’s next statement. Masque realized she was shaking, with some mixture of joy and relief. She hadn’t dared hope for this, yet she was so damn glad, she couldn’t resist the urge to press her snout to the Wealda’s cheek. Soon after, her tongue poked out to plant a sound kiss there.

She stepped back to give Redd the floor again. When her gaze sought Masque’s, the former Caru held it with feeling. It meant a lot that Redd held that belief, though she smiled sadly and shook her head.

No, she refuted gently, I never really fit in here, Redd. I only realized that after I took some time away. Masque pressed her muzzle to Redd’s shoulder. There’s nothing wrong with the rise, or with you. There’s nothing wrong with me either. We’re just different.

That made her think of Ashlar again. He’d been different too. It was entirely possible Redd didn’t much care about his fate, though Masquerade still wanted to relay the loss. He had been an important figure to their mother once, the closest thing she’d ever had to a mate.

It still didn’t feel like the right moment to mention him, so instead Masque said, If you have the time, I would love to hear how you and the rise have been doing these past few months. If you don’t, that’s alright. Riley and I will be at the ridge, should you or anyone else want to come see us.

She wanted to hope they could be allies, sister packs in both name and utility. But Masquerade didn’t dare say that aloud just yet. The Wealda’s take might hold some sway, yet each wolf on the rise was an individual. She couldn’t imagine how any of them might feel about her, though as soon as they were done here, she would open the floor to finding out by howling their location for all to hear.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
wildcard - by Raider - April 22, 2024, 01:11 PM
RE: wildcard - by Riley - April 22, 2024, 01:26 PM
RE: wildcard - by Redd - April 22, 2024, 05:43 PM
RE: wildcard - by Raider - April 22, 2024, 07:29 PM
RE: wildcard - by Riley - April 22, 2024, 07:35 PM
RE: wildcard - by Redd - April 22, 2024, 08:15 PM
RE: wildcard - by Raider - April 22, 2024, 08:44 PM
RE: wildcard - by Riley - April 22, 2024, 09:20 PM
RE: wildcard - by Redd - April 22, 2024, 09:39 PM
RE: wildcard - by Raider - April 22, 2024, 10:03 PM
RE: wildcard - by Riley - April 23, 2024, 07:31 AM