Swiftcurrent Creek If they're here to smoke, know I'll go with you
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
280 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
I told myself no more threads buuuut...haha.....this can wait however long tho, no rush!
Mae had stolen away for several hours, stubborn and secretive with her time in a way that had become uncharacteristic of her in recent weeks. She'd been working on something. Hunting with @Akavir was nice and all, but Mae had grown used to a certain independence during her time away from Swiftcurrent Creek. It was only natural that she wouldn't be completely satisfied with this arrangement.

For the most part she'd resigned herself to her fate — but she would take back as much as she could. Even if it was something as small and hard-won as this.

She returned triumphant, her dark fur dusty, her legs and flanks scattered with cuts and bruises, holding a bloodied and thoroughly dead weasel high in the air as if it were a trophy. Look'a wha I goh! Mae yelled around its fur, nearly tripping over several things in her haste to reach her father. She stopped just in time to avoid running into him and took an unsteady step back. Then she spat the weasel on the ground.

It was a messy kill, but she was proud. It's for you, She informed him in a tone that would brook no argument. For a moment she was a child again, a child standing in a messy kitchen and proudly insisting that her father try the haphazard concoction of ingredients squished together by unwashed hands. Mae was pretty sure she'd only slobbered on it a little anyway.
Messages In This Thread
If they're here to smoke, know I'll go with you - by Mae - April 25, 2024, 12:52 AM