Sea Lion Shores From my mouth I could sing you another brick that I laid
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
OOC: Totally understandable, and of course I do! Tbh if I met someone like Jinx I'd walk away like two seconds in. >_> But their interactions are interesting, and I especially love how I can't actually say how Jinx feels about Pied anymore. It's nice feeling like a character has their own brain again!

Her mouth closed into tight alertness when Pied mentioned she was self-involved, a fact that Jinx resolutely and selectively denied. If she was so self-involved then there would be no helping Hawkeye at all; the concepts clashed, and made Pied out to be a fool, at least to the Kesuk who was utterly blind to her own faults. Pied's expression said it was only the truth, which was fitting, but Jinx denied that too, and took offence nonetheless. She said nothing.

Pied pointed out that Jinx was not solely capable of helping Hawkeye, and she denied that too. Hawkeye sought her, not Pied, and to Jinx that was reason enough to believe that she was uniquely qualified to deal with Hawkeye's issues. As had been said, the Kappa wholly expected Pied to yield to her professional opinion until such a time as she grew enough of a spine (for Jinx saw it as cowardice even though it was newly developed and therefore undefinable) to ask Hawkeye why she had gone to Jinx in the first place, if she had a friend who could see dead people and had reason to believe that's all it was. Still she said nothing.

When Pied announced she was leaving, the feeling of a weight leaving her body brought such relief that she merely watched in silence as the other departed. When she was out of sight, the Kappa pursed her lips, shook her head in quiet disbelief of the other's gall, and stared back out at the pod of "blackfish" whose new name, spoken on the hushed breath of her subordinate, had been missed.
Messages In This Thread
RE: From my mouth I could sing you another brick that I laid - by Jinx - January 12, 2014, 11:04 AM