Redhawk Caldera A song that will help you remember to forget
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The dark male's eyes lifted dully when he heard someone approaching. "I'm fine." The words sprang instinctively off Peregrine's lips. He was not one to unload his every problem on whoever happened to pass by first. Belatedly, he remembered that Duty was working toward his Counselor trade and this might be a golden opportunity to really utilize his subordinate's skills. A bit reluctantly, he came to the decision to tell FitzDutiful what had happened, even though he was still feeling so raw with guilt and pain.

"Remember how I told you about Dante coming here to reject an alliance between the plateau and the caldera? It didn't make any sense to me and he didn't explain. You remember how pissed I was." He groaned inwardly. Knowledge might be power but hindsight was the devil. "Well, Blue Willow came here right after Finley returned. She finally spat out the real reason behind it all: my daughter, Junior, tried to kill herself. Because of me. They were only trying to protect her and save her life. That's why Dante told me to stay away.

In other words, he wasn't insulting or disrespecting me. He was looking out for my little girl where I hadn't. I deserve it. I can't believe I hurt Junior so badly she tried to take her own life. I realize now I'm a horrid father. I'm a terrible friend. And I failed as the plateau's leader. How can I ever redeem myself? To be honest, I'm doubting whether Fox and I should have a litter. I'll only fuck them up too,"
Peregrine finished on an anguished note, his face contorting momentarily before smoothing back into blankness.
Messages In This Thread
RE: A song that will help you remember to forget - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 24, 2014, 11:41 AM