[j] abeyance
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
OOC: @Akhlut Attention needed! :D

IC: Tulok had strengths, which he led with, and weaknesses, yes... No more or less than Jinx herself did. Jinx was fast, and well-trained for fighting and for poisoning wolves, for weaving spells to incapacitate and cripple them. She was a decent hunter if only because she ran fast, and stealth was her forte... But Jinx lacked strength, and admittedly, could not take hits as well as she could dish them. A crushing blow would take her off her feet, whereas Tulok was probably capable of weathering harder hits. Likewise, Tulok could probably deal harder hits, where Jinx had to rely on hitting in quick succession to achieve similar results. Both warriors, then, but opposite aside from that one similarity.

I myself am also a fighter, she revealed, pulling her lips back into something resembling a coy smile. It might have been lightly mocking, as though daring him to look her over and determine her an unlikely warrior, being thin as she was... But there was no malice in it. I am impressed you recognize your faults. Many a wolf lacks the capacity, and resultantly, overestimates their abilities... But you know where you lack. He probably knew where she lacked, too, if he was as good a fighter as he claimed. Jinx could outspeed Tulok, but if he landed a blow...

Perhaps one day we will share blows in light competition, she mused. It would be good training to fight amongst Kesuks again. Although the temptation to pretend to be Alpha was particularly strong today, she overcame it... If only to save herself the later consequence of lying to a newcomer. Perhaps next time, but for now, she said, I am the Epsilon. Your fate is not mine to decide, but we have a need of strong fighters, particularly if you truly are a diplomat. The Alpha is Akhlut Kesuk-Nereides, an offshoot of my own blood. She still followed him for it, but there was nothing to quell the disgust bubbling in her stomach once more. I suspect he will find room for you.

If nothing else, he had proven a tolerant Alpha. Certainly not Jinx's style, but it had its merits. Her head tilted back to call for him now, the Sun Prince of the lands, for his own judgment... But the fact of calling at all was ample proof of Jinx's approval.
Messages In This Thread
[j] abeyance - by Tulok Kesuk - January 11, 2014, 01:40 PM
RE: [j] abeyance - by Jinx - January 11, 2014, 03:45 PM
RE: [j] abeyance - by Tulok Kesuk - January 14, 2014, 08:19 AM
RE: [j] abeyance - by Jinx - January 14, 2014, 08:49 AM
RE: [j] abeyance - by Tulok Kesuk - January 14, 2014, 09:36 AM
RE: [j] abeyance - by Jinx - January 14, 2014, 01:18 PM