Blacktail Deer Plateau I imagine we're all right
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
@Osprey

Snow fell lightly over the Plateau, blanketing Saena in a coat of white flakes. She wove through the forest, her nose pressed down to the blanketed earth. The scent of deer coaxed her onward. Naturally, the aspiring Gamekeeper was incapable of taking down a deer herself unless it was a particularly sick or elderly doe, but she was content to merely locate them. The trademark herd hadn't left the relative safety of the trees in spite of the wolves living there. Their food source, the bark, was more valuable to them.

It was more valuable to the wolves that they stayed, for the snow hindered them in ways that it didn't hinder the wolves. With paws like snowshoes, they could sail gracefully over the deepest drifts while the ungulates they hunted staggered and struggled through. Winter was a good time to be a wolf, even with prey making itself scarce.

She crested a small hill to spot a doe moving quietly through the trees on the other side. Saena crouched and remained silent, her eyes and ears fixated on the doe.
Messages In This Thread
I imagine we're all right - by Saēna - January 02, 2015, 12:30 AM
RE: I imagine we're all right - by Osprey - January 03, 2015, 04:58 PM
RE: I imagine we're all right - by Saēna - January 03, 2015, 07:22 PM
RE: I imagine we're all right - by Osprey - January 04, 2015, 03:47 PM
RE: I imagine we're all right - by Saēna - January 05, 2015, 01:30 PM
RE: I imagine we're all right - by Osprey - January 06, 2015, 04:33 PM
RE: I imagine we're all right - by Saēna - January 09, 2015, 05:55 PM
RE: I imagine we're all right - by Osprey - January 09, 2015, 06:17 PM
RE: I imagine we're all right - by Saēna - January 09, 2015, 06:34 PM
RE: I imagine we're all right - by Osprey - January 10, 2015, 05:05 PM
RE: I imagine we're all right - by Saēna - January 10, 2015, 11:17 PM